WAG Tryouts at gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dad1234

Proud Parent
Hi,
My daughter wants to switch gyms. She had an evaluation at two gyms. One gym immediately told us what level she would be placed on and the other gym told us they would be in touch in a week or two. Would there be a reason why the one gym wouldn’t share their thoughts with me right away? Thanks.

It could be that they need to make sure there is room in the squad they want to place her in. Or could be start of the year and they are extremely busy with recreational programs and have allocated a certain admin time to communicate to all competition tryout gymnasts. They could have a few trying out for squad and want to evaluate all to make sure they correctly place all of them in appropriate squads without overcrowding the teams. Many different reasons. We have had competitive gymnasts come to try out this week and due to the high level of emails phone calls and recreational bookings we need to organise 100 new gymnasts recreationally first. Then we will contact the competitive families to come in once it’s quieter to go through all information one on one like fee structure. Hours. Competition times. Uniform etc. that way we don’t rush through things and those parents are fully informed of the requirements to be on the competitive team.

Thank you! It makes more sense to me now to hear a perspective as to why I possibly wasn’t given any input on the spot.

It's also peak meet season for Optionals. If they host a meet, they may be swamped working on it. They may need time to get everyone involved to communicate and make a plan.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back