Parents T's competition for new club May 16th

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is a bit late, cause it is already 2 weeks ago that she had it. But I am sure you still want to know how she did.

Because it isn't officially her club yet, she didn't have their leotard or trainingsoutfit. Our current club doesn't have a club trainingsoutfit at all, just a leotard, that are owned by the club. But she got to borrow 1 of each, which was good.

She was doing the lowest division, 1 lower than with her current club, but that was more for the trainer to see her during her competition to see how she would cope, and all that. Until the competition was over we didn't know that it was an apparatus final. So we thought she wasn't going to win a medal, because her bars totally failed. Well it was all neat and that, but she had to do the Summersault from the trainer, from hanging on high bar and she is still scared to do it. So she didn't do it, she hung on the bar and jumped off, so we were like, oh well, no medal for her.

Then when I was having lunch with the judges, I was going to judge the next 2 competitions, I found out about medals per apparatus. So I knew she had a chance on floor and beam. But not on vault and bars. So I was ready waiting to make some pictures. Of course it took some time, because there were 6 different age groups per apparatus.

Anyways. Talitha came home with a gold for beam, a silver for bars and floor and a bronze for vault. Can you believe it???? She was so happy and proud. I told her, when she and her dad and brother went home, that she should take the medals with her to the afternoon training at her current club, they were going to do a demonstration in the next week, so there was training. But not everyone knew yet that she was leaving at the end of the season and I wasn't sure if her trainer would appreciate her bringing medals from that competition, but I told her that she was allowed to be proud of hersellf, having done so well, so to bring them and she did.

Later she found out, on her diploma, report card, with the marks, that overall she was 1st of all the girls. So she was region champion of that division and age group. Such a boost for her.

I have the films of course on her website. If you want me to put them on the forum on the other board, let me know and I will do that later.

How wonderful for her to do so well at the competition for her new club! Tell her congrats! She has worked so hard. Good for her!

WTG!!!! She must be flying now!! Did you say pictures??? LOL of course we want to see them.

Congratulations to T:applause:!!!! What a hard working young lady!!! You must be very proud of her.:DTell her to keep up the good work!!! And please keep us posted!!! It's so exciting hearing such good news from all the way around the globe! We may be far apart...but we all have some much in common!:D

We sure are proud of dd. Can't wait for coming Saturday to be over, when she has her final. She has nothing to lose really, since she never made the final though. But I know if she really does well and scores high 8 or 9 on bars beam and floor, she could have a chance on a medal. And they just do AA medals. So I know, eventhough she shouldn't expect anything, she will be very disappointed. So i have already tried to prepare her.

BTW this is still for the current club, not the new club. She usually has less self confidence with this trainer, so it really depends on how she feels. She starts on Vault and that is her worst apparatus, so it all can depend on how she does on that.

Wishing your DD the best of luck this weekend!!! Sending all the "self-confidence & you can do it" off the Netherlands!!! Believe me....I totally know what you mean about her trainer knocking her self-confidence(been right there with you, similar situation)! Just tell her to have fun & do her best!!! Good Luck!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Gymjourneymom. That is what I keep telling her. Don't expect anything, just do your best and have fun.

It is going to be a long morning, because there are more than 40 other girls. So instead of 4 rounds, there are 5 rounds. Her 1st round is rest, which is good in a way. I don't know if it would be nice to have a whole round rest in between apparatus. She then starts with vault, which is her weakest, so then at least that will be over and done with. Will of course keep you all posted.

She has 1 more training tomorrow in her current club. Tonight there is training in her new club, but once a month on a Wednesday she can't go, and that is tonight. Too bad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back