tsuks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:confused:I am going to level nine and i need a tsuck. I was doind tsucks before until i dislocated my finger doing one. I haven't done one on the real vault since, which was three months ago. Now i have to start doing them again and i'm scared. I have them good on the drills, but any tips on how to do tsucks or get over fear???

need help on tsuks asap!!!

:confused:I am going to level nine and i need a tsuk. I was doind tsuks before until i dislocated my finger doing one. I haven't done one on the real vault since, which was three months ago. Now i have to start doing them again and i'm scared. I have them good on the drills, but any tips on how to do tsucks or get over fear???[pain is weakness leaving the body]

Have you coach spot you on some and/or do some onto a lower surface before heading to the competition vault. Sometimes just doing it will help ya get over the fear. good luck!

I got hurt on a tsuk once about a year ago. I crushed my ankle, and it led to me quiting USAG for seven months and sticking with high school for about 5. During the high school season I told my coach I wanted to do tsuks again. What we did was we set up a spotting block, and a nice big squishy mat. You start with big spots and then let them get easier and easier. At first its really scary but you just have you trust yourself and do it. You know you can!

Fear on vault can be a very bad thing, because you need all of your power and effort to do a proper vault, especially a tsuk. I broke my hand on a tsuk, so I can see where you are coming from, but the key is to get a good spot from your coach and just go for it. If you balk, you will possibly get hurt, so the key is in knowing that you MUST fully commit to the vault. The first vault will be scary, but you need to trust your training and your coach to take over for you. In other words, get out of your own way and let your body do what it has been trained to do. Get a good run going and don't think too much. That is what the training is for. Your body and muscle memory will take over and once you perform that first vault, you will have broken that mental barrier and your confidence will improve dramatically. Good luck :)

you need to have confidence in your self and your coach. Picture yourself doing the vault right. I assume prior to hurting your finger, you used to do them fine. Imagine what those tsusks felt like. Think about how many you did fine vs. the one that went wrong. The odds are probably in your favor.

I had a similar incident. I was hurt badly on a tsuk in nationals and actually stopped competing them for two years, partly due to the fact that I was out of the gym for awhile due to injury, a lot to do with fear. I was competing without a tsuk and getting whacked every meet on vault and i finally realized I needed to get it back to be competitive. It was the hardest thing in the world to go for that first one again. It took a lot of blind faith in my spotter. But I went, full speed, made it, and competed them again, coming in like fourth in the state with them.

Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back