WAG Tuition cost??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just looked at a website of one of the clubs performing on national level, training elite here; fee is about 2000€ including everything, for girls training 15h/w, so let’s say 170€ a month. Would make $3/h including meet fees, leo, club enrolling ect.

NY straight tuition, no camps, meet fees etc..... 12 hours 480

According to your signature, you are also training level 8? ( both of my girls are as well) I just noticed that you do 12 hours a week like we do which is apparently almost unheard of. I pay $378 in tuition for my two girls a month with a sibling discount. I'm glad to see we are not the only ones doing 12 hours a week.

Uk here - national espoir level (age 12) trains 24 hours a week and I pay £120/month. Comp fees are around £45 each time, comp Leo £90, training (regional squad) Leo £45, insurance and GB membership is £41/year.

Uk here - national espoir level (age 12) trains 24 hours a week and I pay £120/month. Comp fees are around £45 each time, comp Leo £90, training (regional squad) Leo £45, insurance and GB membership is £41/year.
I know that costs and costs of living are all over the map (literally!) but how does it work for your rates to be so low? Are the fees subsidized somehow? Are the training groups enormous? Or do the coaches get paid very little? I'm struggling to wrap my head around how the economics work with fees so low, though I'm also quite envious!!

To be honest I didn't realise our fees were considered low! It's a small gym with only about 30 girls in squad including development (pre comp). The gym is mainly rec kids and pre-school and the coaches who train the squads are employed full time so do classes during the day until squads come in late afternoon. I think we have over 1000 people on the books from baby pre walking age through to adult gym so would assume proportionally the squad are subsidised to a point by the rec classes. Despite being a small squad they are getting good results in competition and have girls staying in age on the elite pathway. I've no idea how our training fees compare to others in the UK but I think I shall try and find out what others over here are paying.

It's the time commitment (and the travelling) that's the killer for us!

To be honest I didn't realise our fees were considered low! It's a small gym with only about 30 girls in squad including development (pre comp). The gym is mainly rec kids and pre-school and the coaches who train the squads are employed full time so do classes during the day until squads come in late afternoon. I think we have over 1000 people on the books from baby pre walking age through to adult gym so would assume proportionally the squad are subsidised to a point by the rec classes. Despite being a small squad they are getting good results in competition and have girls staying in age on the elite pathway. I've no idea how our training fees compare to others in the UK but I think I shall try and find out what others over here are paying.

It's the time commitment (and the travelling) that's the killer for us!

I hear you on the time commitment and traveling! Well consider yourselves fortunate on the fees and enjoy! I wonder if a large and strong rec program combined with a smallish team might be a recipe for financial success?

My level 2 practices 4 hours per week and we pay $200/month. Our meet fees and equipment for this season ran about $300 total. We live in a city with about 250,000 people, but cost of living ranges A LOT depending on where exactly you live. We got an awesome deal on our house and originally paid about $200,000 for 2500 sqft. A friend on the other side of the city has the same size house and paid $450,000. Anyways, I guess I'm fine paying more per hour than average since we literally live 90 seconds from the gym... at least I can just drop her off and run with no commute issues!

My level 2 practices 4 hours per week and we pay $200/month. Our meet fees and equipment for this season ran about $300 total. We live in a city with about 250,000 people, but cost of living ranges A LOT depending on where exactly you live. We got an awesome deal on our house and originally paid about $200,000 for 2500 sqft. A friend on the other side of the city has the same size house and paid $450,000. Anyways, I guess I'm fine paying more per hour than average since we literally live 90 seconds from the gym... at least I can just drop her off and run with no commute issues!

No commute is worth a lot! I took a job a few months ago that’s less than 1/2 mile from where I live. The pay is not the best but I’m saving on gas, wear on my car and tons of stress from traffic. I hope the gym works for you for a long time.

DD1: Level 4, 16 hours, $400/month, $2200 assessment fees (meet fees, coach fees, leos, backpacks, warm-ups, etc)
DD2: Developmental Group (training 4/5/6), 14 hours, $331/month (with sibling discount-not sure how much the discount actually is!), $2200 assessment fees

I looked at other gyms in our area pretty recently, and they all seem pretty similar in cost.
:confused::oops::eek:

According to your signature, you are also training level 8? ( both of my girls are as well) I just noticed that you do 12 hours a week like we do which is apparently almost unheard of. I pay $378 in tuition for my two girls a month with a sibling discount. I'm glad to see we are not the only ones doing 12 hours a week.
Sorry I missed this. You have 2 kids for under 400?

Awesome. I have one almost 500 for 12 hours

And she finally competed her first L8 (she was injured) meet recently so she is an official L8 (proud mom moment) And yes she will likely be a 2 yr L8. But she did compulsory at 9 hours. Now at 12-14 depending on the week. It can be done.

Sorry I missed this. You have 2 kids for under 400?

Awesome. I have one almost 500 for 12 hours

And she finally competed her first L8 (she was injured) meet recently so she is an official L8 (proud mom moment) And yes she will likely be a 2 yr L8. But she did compulsory at 9 hours. Now at 12-14 depending on the week. It can be done.
Mine is now at $275 for 12 hours a week- she got a coaching job and is super happy about it, and I am loving that employee discount! Ha ha ha!

Mine is now at $275 for 12 hours a week- she got a coaching job and is super happy about it, and I am loving that employee discount! Ha ha ha!
My kid has no desire to coach. She is not a fan of little kids. They bug her. Elementary teacher is not in her future lol

My kid has no desire to coach. She is not a fan of little kids. They bug her. Elementary teacher is not in her future lol
Mine isn’t usually a kid person either, honestly (my younger daughter is a baby whisperer though, which is why she works in a daycare!). Put a little one in a leo though and she’s all smiles and ready to play. Honestly? Her scholarship is almost done- it stops when she graduates- so if she didn’t get some tuition relief she would be stopping then too. Thank goodness for adorable little ones in leos, man!

Level 4, 12 hrs $300/mo + $1400 leo/comp/etc.
I know our level 8+ (24 hrs) pay $480/mo don’t know their comp fees.

All L4+ team members have $430/mo summer camp schedule (June/July) 25hrs/wk.

Level 4, 12 hrs $300/mo + $1400 leo/comp/etc.
I know our level 8+ (24 hrs) pay $480/mo don’t know their comp fees.

All L4+ team members have $430/mo summer camp schedule (June/July) 25hrs/wk.
My jaw just drops when I see Leo costs like this. I just can't wrap my head around it. Our gym has beautiful, blinged-out Leo's and classy warm-ups with a bag all for $350. I would post it here, but I'm trying to stay as anonymous as possible (If I posted it, everyone would immediately know my gym). Not being rude, but how do they justify the uniforms costing so much? I'm just really curious. Our owners try to keep our costs low, and we still have beautiful uniforms.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back