WAG Tuition cost??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My jaw just drops when I see Leo costs like this. I just can't wrap my head around it. Our gym has beautiful, blinged-out Leo's and classy warm-ups with a bag all for $350. I would post it here, but I'm trying to stay as anonymous as possible (If I posted it, everyone would immediately know my gym). Not being rude, but how do they justify the uniforms costing so much? I'm just really curious. Our owners try to keep our costs low, and we still have beautiful uniforms.
I read that to mean that was the leo plus competition fees (or those things not covered by tuition.) I did have to reread it b/c I also thought it meant the leo itself at first!

My jaw just drops when I see Leo costs like this. I just can't wrap my head around it. Our gym has beautiful, blinged-out Leo's and classy warm-ups with a bag all for $350. I would post it here, but I'm trying to stay as anonymous as possible (If I posted it, everyone would immediately know my gym). Not being rude, but how do they justify the uniforms costing so much? I'm just really curious. Our owners try to keep our costs low, and we still have beautiful uniforms.

Oh the $1400 is for the leo/gear & competition fees - sorry if I wasn’t clear!

$400 of it is for the comp leo, warm ups, team bow, team bag, grip bag, and parent t-shirt... The compulsory comp leo never changes so the only time we need to get new ones is if they outgrow it , and even then sometimes you can buy it off someone else. So unless you need new gear, that cost is subtracted from the total.

I read that to mean that was the leo plus competition fees (or those things not covered by tuition.) I did have to reread it b/c I also thought it meant the leo itself at first!
Ok, that's a little more normal then. But I do know some that came from another gym where just thevleos were $1200, plus warm-ups and bags were extra. After reading the post again, I see now what she was saying.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you do two privates a week if she is already training 30 hours?
Sorry just now seeing this. My daughter came from another gym and her form was terrible. So we was asked if we wanted to do privates to get her ready for tops, National Testing, then A camp.

Reactions: sce
This thread is so...educational! I love how honest and down-to-earth everyone is here. We’re in Seattle, where the cost of living is outrageous. We’re paying $469/month for 9 hrs/week at level 3. All comp and coaches fees are included in that. Leo and warmups came to about $150, since we could buy them from a gymnast who outgrew hers. $40 annual fee. It’s still $8.60/hour, which is sounding steep compared to y’all. Sigh.

This thread is so...educational! I love how honest and down-to-earth everyone is here. We’re in Seattle, where the cost of living is outrageous. We’re paying $469/month for 9 hrs/week at level 3. All comp and coaches fees are included in that. Leo and warmups came to about $150, since we could buy them from a gymnast who outgrew hers. $40 annual fee. It’s still $8.60/hour, which is sounding steep compared to y’all. Sigh.
Never mind! I can’t do math. It’s more like $11.50/hr. It better go way down in level 4.

Never mind! I can’t do math. It’s more like $11.50/hr. It better go way down in level 4.
I think your hourly is much lower, really, if you take away the meet/coaching fees since those aren’t visually included in the monthly or hourly breakdown. How many comps is that?

Reactions: sce
I think your hourly is much lower, really, if you take away the meet/coaching fees since those aren’t visually included in the monthly or hourly breakdown. How many comps is that?
Ha! That would be a comfort. They’re doing 5 regular meets, then sectionals and state if they qualify. I haven’t heard about extra fees for those, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back