Parents Tumble track vs spring floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym_mom11

Proud Parent
My DD has just started doing her ROBHS in the last month and is now doing 2 BHS with a very light spot on the 2nd one. She's much better doing it on the floor vs the tumble track. I don't know if she thinks the tumble track is going to do more for her so she doesn't put as much effort or what. I guess really it's better this way since the floor is the goal anyway. Any thoughts??

Yes, the timing is totally different. My dd is a level 10 and just coming back from an ankle injury and came back tumbling on the tumble track and she said she had a terrible time at first. I have a video of three of her teammates literally rolling on the floor with her trying to do multiple backhandsprings down the tumble track. Granted, she hadn’t tumbled in months, but still :)

My son's tumbling greatly improved when he moved to a gym without a tumble track. He hated the tumble track. Even when he was a L4 or 5 a sub coach made a comment about how much better his tumbling was on the floor. It makes sense that it is because the timing is different.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back