Parents Tummy troubles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Have you considered taking her to a kinesiologist? Whether or not these issues truly are stress-induced, a good kinesiologist may find deep, underlying imbalances/illnesses/sensitivities that could be aggravating her body's response to stress and that the other doctors have not found. (A few kinesiologists have been wonderful resources for my own children at various times.)

I described some of my daughter's stomach issues above... today she was diagnosed with "abdominal migraine". a diagnosis I had never heard of. MaryA, although this does not sound similar to your daughter's problems, it just goes to show how many weird conditions there can be... At least we have a name for it and hopefully a starting point for some treatments!

Hope her neck is feeling better now!

And my oldest dd is like yours--she seems calm and even-keeled, but bottles things up to the point where she'd break down shortly after bedtime occasionally--sobbing. Always happened at this time of year when she was an Optional (she's in college now--not competing, but coaching!) and summer in Compulsories--stress just hits them, just like it does us. I can't say enough about Alison Arnold and her Head Games book and web camp. Really helps them to control the stress.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back