Off Topic Twilight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I personally cannot stand the series. I read like the first chapter and had to put it down and return the book to the library it was just awful!!!! One, it was creepy creepy creepy, two it was promoting ***ual assult, and it's like for the love of Pete! Third it goes strongly agaisnt my beliefs. Which brings us back to point 2. Why did I read it?? I have yet to figure it out...so I totally agree with you Cynical-Chick. CREEPY!!!

"Why did Bella punch you?"
"Because I kissed her."
"Good for you, son."

My dad, a very demure person, would have kicked the kid around. Anyone else's father going to defend his daughter's attacker, or would your daddy have gone dog-hunting? (She told him no, he still forced himself on her. That's ***ual assault, kids.)

Also, Jake falls for Bella but then realizes it's because she is going to give birth to his true love? Um, ew.

Very EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my dad would have gone dog-hunting to the extreme. He's a pretty funny person but oh boy kiss his little girl and bam you're pommeled from the face of this earth! and fudge i would have punched Edward too...stuck-up prig...

^Stephanie Meyer explains it on her website... I'll link it. :)

LINK

I'm so obsessed... I got another poster yesterday. Zac Efron has been demoted from the back of my bedroom door and has been replaced by Edward and Bella. XD
Thank you, Kayleigh. The contents of the link you offered answered my question!

A friend of mine gave me the first book to read and it was pretty good, not Stephen King but readable. Her DH got her Breaking Dawn for her birthday and the night it was released he went to Barnes & Noble, they were having a huge release party. He picks up the book and in the loudest voice possible says "Hey does anyone know what this book is about?" Then he ran.
I havent read the last two but probably will eventually.

Hilarious

A friend of mine gave me the first book to read and it was pretty good, not Stephen King but readable. Her DH got her Breaking Dawn for her birthday and the night it was released he went to Barnes & Noble, they were having a huge release party. He picks up the book and in the loudest voice possible says "Hey does anyone know what this book is about?" Then he ran.
I havent read the last two but probably will eventually.

hahahahahaha that is SO funny!!:p:p:p:p:p

I personally cannot stand the series. I read like the first chapter and had to put it down and return the book to the library it was just awful!!!! One, it was creepy creepy creepy, two it was promoting ***ual assult, and it's like for the love of Pete! Third it goes strongly agaisnt my beliefs. Which brings us back to point 2. Why did I read it?? I have yet to figure it out...so I totally agree with you Cynical-Chick. CREEPY!!!

or maybe i should not read it...........It sounds like creepy to the extreme! is it really that creepy??

Very EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And my dad would have gone dog-hunting to the extreme. He's a pretty funny person but oh boy kiss his little girl and bam you're pommeled from the face of this earth! and fudge i would have punched Edward too...stuck-up prig...

SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that book def. sounds perverted and disturbing!!!!!!

or maybe i should not read it...........It sounds like creepy to the extreme! is it really that creepy??

Well... there's practically a cult of fans who think that it's not creepy, if that helps. :p

Myself included. I just LOVE these books, and I'm so excited for the movie. :D

Oh yeah it's disturbing! DON'T READ! DON'T READ!!!!! I can't make up your mind for you of course, so read it if you want, but it is really CREEPY! YEEK!

And cult...yeesh, this is going to turn into a Harry Potter cult!

Last edited:
haha yeah that was left to the imagination... haha!

they are really good and you could start reading it and if you dont like it put it down and pick up a new book :) but i warn you, you wont want to put it down!

I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!! i want to see the midnight premiere so badly!!!

Oh my gosh.

Friends, let me tell you right now. I just got back from the movie, and it is...

FANTASTIC! AMAZING! SPLENDID! AWESOME! VAMPTASTIC!

Seriously, I think I died a little bit on the inside while watching it. It's that good. They stuck to the book pretty well... they made it work! :D

I'm SO pumped! Who else saw it?

I am going to see the movie tomorrow pm with my 12 yr old DD and her buddy. Don't see anything cultish about it. Just another fantasy novel. Though we do not have any religion in our lives, so that might change the perception.

I havent read the book or seen the movie but there sure is a hype for it. Though I will probably end up seeing the movie just to see what the hype is about.

My 2 older daughters saw the movie last night and the oldest one liked it and the middle one thought the book was better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back