Off Topic Twilight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

For those fans who insist on some definite physical, non-negotiable sign of abuse, recall how Edward enters her house after leaving her in New Moon and hides every one of her personal possessions associated with himself. Destroying someone’s stuff is never OK and always an abusive act.

Ummm...Hello! Edward Cullen did NOT destroy Bella's belongings! He simply HID them. It's not like he could just let her heart ache over him while he goes and asks the Voltri to KILL him?! Correct?

Sorry, I REALLY love Twilight...

BTW: Did you all know that New Moon is going to have a different director for the movie? I thought that was insane! The movie won't be the same at all! (Plus Rob won't be in it.....) =(

Rob won't be in it???!!!! That sounds to good to be true...because unfortunately it is. Dang it, you went and got my hopes raised... *sighs*

On second reading the books are terrible, and I used to love them.

And if any guy so much dared to touch me after I'd said no I'd batter him on the spot, and then so would my dad, brother and cousins.

Harry Potter rocks so much more!

i have read them too i can't wait till the next movie what about you?

For those fans who insist on some definite physical, non-negotiable sign of abuse, recall how Edward enters her house after leaving her in New Moon and hides every one of her personal possessions associated with himself. Destroying someone’s stuff is never OK and always an abusive act.

Ummm...Hello! Edward Cullen did NOT destroy Bella's belongings! He simply HID them. It's not like he could just let her heart ache over him while he goes and asks the Voltri to KILL him?! Correct?

Sorry, I REALLY love Twilight...

BTW: Did you all know that New Moon is going to have a different director for the movie? I thought that was insane! The movie won't be the same at all! (Plus Rob won't be in it.....) =(

CONTROL AND MIND-GAMES ARE ABUSE.

In many ways, it is more insidious than physical abuse ("oh, if you ever left me, I'd kill myself!" and the way Edward isolates Bella - she has very shallow relationships with her female friends, and her world revolves around SparkleMuffin. Entering her home without permission to watch her sleep is stalking, and entering her room to "hide" HER belongings? Um, what? Another example is when he does something douchey for which she has every right to be angry, he'll just kiss her and she forgives him. WHAT?), and in fact it often leads TO physical abuse. Control. Is. Not. Love.

(And like IHB said, the writing is bloody awful. Plus, Bella's just plain boring - Oh, I'm so good at school! Oh, I like Jane Austen! Girlfriend has zero personality whatsoever.)

Dear Firefox spellcheck,
"Personality" is a word, as is "spellcheck."
xo,
loyal user

Last edited:
yes i know but it still looks like a good book too.I wonder if The Host is going to be made into a movie i kinda hope not cuz the twilight movie stunk i thought there was bad acting and the way the film was made stunk so i hope if they make The Host into a movie it is by a diff. person.But i still think that New Moon is going to be a good movie.(they have more money this time lol)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back