Welcome to our Gymnastics Discussion Community
554,231 messages... 44,365 topics... and 6,612 members
Join for FREE!
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts & High 5 Meets!

Tylenol Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the following email from USAG...check it out:

2004 Olympic all-around champion Paul Hamm of Waukesha, Wis., and 2007 team and balance beam world champion Nastia Liukin of Parker, Texas, are two of the nine gymnasts featured in the Tylenol Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular presented by Chesapeake Energy, Feb. 9, on NBC at 2:30 p.m. ET. Viewers should check local listings to confirm times in their locale.

Other gymnasts showing off their skills at the event are:
· Jonathan Horton of Houston, 2006-07 Tyson American Cup champion who placed fourth in the team competition and the all-around at the 2007 World Championships
· Kevin Tan of Fremont, Calif., 2006-07 U.S. still rings champion who finished fourth in the team competition and the still rings at the 2007 World Championships
· Raj Bhavsar of Houston, 2001 and 2003 team world silver-medalist
· Arthur Davis and Shenea Booth, 2002 acrobatic gymnastics mixed pair world champions
· Catalina Ponor of Romania, 2004 Olympic gold-medalist in the team competition, balance beam and floor exercise
· Ivan Ivankov of Belarus, 1994 and 1997 all-around world champion.

The figure skaters highlighted are: 2006 Olympic champions Shizuka Arakawa and Evgeni Plushenko; 2007 pairs world champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao; three-time world silver-medalist Surya Bonaly; three-time U.S. champion Michael Weiss; 1994 world champion Yuka Sato and 2001 American Open silver-medalists Violetta Afanasieva and Peter Dack.

Chinese pianist Lang Lang is the musical guest.

Attachments

• tylenol.jpg
    tylenol.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 72,049

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Tylenol as sponsor is so funny.:D:D:D:D

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Saw some of it in the hotel room. The mens parralell bars was cool. Catalina Ponor was sadly watered down, but she's really not the best anyway.

rondeen

Jan 30, 2008
nastia liukin on floor was a sore sight, the outfit and routine was terrible, i know for sure she was responsible for neither, i dont think she would do that to herself!!!

G

gracefulone

I saw the Hilton one last year or the year before that. I'm watching a rerun of the tylenol one right now, it's fun to watch, but not terribly exciting.

gymgymgymnast08

Former Gymnast
Proud Relative
Dec 8, 2007
Country
USA
I missed it but saw part of nastia liukin in it on youtube. all I can say WEIRD!

G

gracefulone

The guys on the p-bars was the best part! And listening to the enormously talented Lang Lang on piano.

L

lovenastia

A lot of people insult Nastia's floor routine and maybe I'm the only one but I actually enjoyed it! I thought it was cute.

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
haha. what if they hand out tylenol bottles or something...

I went to a baseball game where they handed out toothbrushes once. my dentist was there too...

We handed out toothbrushes one halloween, hubby is a dentist, we didn't get nearly as many kids the next year. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.