WAG Typical first year level 10 bars, beam, floor, vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was having kind of a fun time trying to remember what my daughter did- it has been a few years- she’s in college now.

Vault: yurchenko 1 1/2
Bars: blind 1/2, bail to HS - not positive if she went to HS first year- jaeger, double back dismount - she was not at a 10.0 start though
Beam- triple series BHS BHS BLO, 1 1/2 dismount. Supposed to do an aerial but never got it consistently. Also not a 10.0 start value
Floor: Full in, FHS-FLO-1 1/2, double back
Impressive vault!

I don't think there is a bonus for having the bhs in there. It really depends on the gymnast. My d had trouble going from a RO to a salto so she had the bhs in between. Now she avoids bhs on fx because it stresses her achilles.
I knew there wasn't a bonus for having the bhs. I think the bonus connection comes from the front tuck or front pike, but I didn't know if maybe there was a bonus for doing the twist straight out of the roundoff. They start to have all kinds of crazy requirements that I can't keep up with at these levels like a certain number of forwards and sideways skills. Am I wrong about that? Maybe that's just the beam!

I was having kind of a fun time trying to remember what my daughter did- it has been a few years- she’s in college now.

Vault: yurchenko 1 1/2
Bars: blind 1/2, bail to HS - not positive if she went to HS first year- jaeger, double back dismount - she was not at a 10.0 start though
Beam- triple series BHS BHS BLO, 1 1/2 dismount. Supposed to do an aerial but never got it consistently. Also not a 10.0 start value
Floor: Full in, FHS-FLO-1 1/2, double back
Obviously she was a Vault and Floor girl! Did she do gym in college?

Last year, DD was a first year level 10. She has made great strides after switching gyms during quarantine.

Her skills as a first year 10 were:
Vault: Yurchenko tuck full
Bars: Tkatchev, clear hip to bail hs, clear hip to toe catch, double tuck dismount
Beam: Hs lay, aerial to split jump, switchleap to straddle quarter, ro 3/2 dismount
Floor: Double tuck, ro 3/2 to pike, front lay to front pike, Strug full to Popa.

This year at level 10 her skills are:
Vault: Yurchenko (layout) full
Bars: Toe hand to Shaposh to shoot over, blind full to double lay dismount
Beam: hs lay, aerial to staddle quarter, switch side, split half, ro 3/2 dismount.
Floor: Double pike, ro 3/2 to pike, fhs to flo to front full, Strug full to Popa.

I knew there wasn't a bonus for having the bhs. I think the bonus connection comes from the front tuck or front pike, but I didn't know if maybe there was a bonus for doing the twist straight out of the roundoff. They start to have all kinds of crazy requirements that I can't keep up with at these levels like a certain number of forwards and sideways skills. Am I wrong about that? Maybe that's just the beam!
The bonus comes from the C salto skill connected to either an A or B salto skill. What happens prior to the salto does not have any affect on the bonus. So, 1 1/2 twist (C) + Front Tuck (A) = .01 bonus...1 1/2 twist (C) + Front Pike (B) = .2 bonus

There is a .1 composition deduction for only performing saltos/aerials in one direction. There are two directions defined in gymnastics: backwards AND forward/side. So, if all of the tumbling in the routine is backwards it would be a flat .1. Honestly, this is rare at L10 because the combination above is VERY typical and in just that one pass the gymnast has achieved a backward skill and a forward skill, so no composition deduction. Beam has a similar composition deduction, but is slightly more complicated. Happy to explain that if anyone cares:)

The bonus comes from the C salto skill connected to either an A or B salto skill. What happens prior to the salto does not have any affect on the bonus. So, 1 1/2 twist (C) + Front Tuck (A) = .01 bonus...1 1/2 twist (C) + Front Pike (B) = .2 bonus

There is a .1 composition deduction for only performing saltos/aerials in one direction. There are two directions defined in gymnastics: backwards AND forward/side. So, if all of the tumbling in the routine is backwards it would be a flat .1. Honestly, this is rare at L10 because the combination above is VERY typical and in just that one pass the gymnast has achieved a backward skill and a forward skill, so no composition deduction. Beam has a similar composition deduction, but is slightly more complicated. Happy to explain that if anyone cares:)
Thank you for that! Always nice to see someone that knows point code! I do not!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back