U.S. Women's Team Final Line Up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

OHGymMom

Proud Parent
Team final line up is posted. Maggie N. is competing on all four events. Simone 3 out of 4 (no bars). Gabby vault and bars. Aly beam and floor and Maddy K. just bars. Brenna, no surprise unfortunately, is not in team finals. Looks like the best line up possible after quals.

Because I know nothing about how these meets work, and can't work my cable guide....

Can someone tell me when it would be on TV in the eastern time zone?
I really want to DVR or watch it with my daughter, and dont' want to miss it...
Thank you!!!!

Reactions: sce
Because I know nothing about how these meets work, and can't work my cable guide....

Can someone tell me when it would be on TV in the eastern time zone?
I really want to DVR or watch it with my daughter, and dont' want to miss it...
Thank you!!!!
Universal Sports is carrying it on Tuesday @ 8:00 PM and again @ 11:00 PM EST. On our Fios, it's channel 804

Team final line up is posted. Maggie N. is competing on all four events. Simone 3 out of 4 (no bars). Gabby vault and bars. Aly beam and floor and Maddy K. just bars. Brenna, no surprise unfortunately, is not in team finals. Looks like the best line up possible after quals.
Everything exactly as I would have expected except Maggie over Simone on UB. Not sure I understand that one. I think they probably have very similar scoring routines, but Simone is such a rock solid consistent competitor, not sure why she wouldn't be up in the three go three count format.

Everything exactly as I would have expected except Maggie over Simone on UB. Not sure I understand that one. I think they probably have very similar scoring routines, but Simone is such a rock solid consistent competitor, not sure why she wouldn't be up in the three go three count format.
Might be as simple as they wanted her to not be completely zonked from doing 3 AAs. Qual, TF and AA Finals. She is surely not needed on UBs and so why use her.

Just for clarity:

USA Women's team final lineup for TF
- VT: Douglas, Nichols, Biles;
UB: Nichols, Douglas, Kocian;
BB and FX: Nichols, Raisman, Biles

Looks like the best line up possible after quals.[/QUOTE said:
I pretty much agree. Aly will be fine. But Brenna just can not be trusted. Maggie probably should have done AA in Qualifications.

So assuming the Olympics were next week, I assume this would be the team? I guess the real question is whether the rising juniors displace any of them. Unfortunately for Aly and Gabby -- they left the door open. Will they take someone like Kocian who is only contributing on one event?

I think if Kocian wins gold at Worlds she'll go even if she does one event. If Nichols goes 4/4 she'll be in too. I'm betting Biles, Nichols, aly or gabby, Kocian, and one junior. I think if it's Aly going they'd bring maybe Lauren for bars and if Gabbys going they'd bring Reagan for beam and maybe floor. I think they'll want 3 Amanars if they can get them. Interesting to see who flips the better vaults by next summer.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows if the live stream for team finals will work the same as the others did. My head coach is wanting to "end" practice early and let the girls all watch it on our projector. I think it's a great idea but have no idea if it is doable.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back