ugh

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymkitten08

Don't you guys hate it when people say gymnastics is gay or something like that? Like for example I was at a party tonight and was on the trampoline doing front tucks and this kid came up to me and said gymnastics is sooo gay.

I dislike it whenever anyone uses "gay' in a negative way. Gay is all happy, I'm British you know!:)

As for anyone dissing gym, well that's just silly.:D

Yeah I dislike the negative use of the term gay also. It is incredibly insensitive to gay people.

And if someone thinks gym sux so much then tell them you'd like to see them try. Or better yet, challenge them to armwrestling or something like that....that would make a guy shut up pretty quickly I bet!

I find it is very rare, the vast majority of people have a great deal of respect for gymnasts and the difficult skills and training we do. Most mention a deep seated wish to be able to do some of the things we do.

Most people know how hard it is and are amazed. We were doing handstand contests outside one day and one of the guys tried and he fell right on his back haha so I guess he knows its hard now. Well handstands aren't really hard but like gymnastics in general.
Yeah and most of the guys in my school know I could beat them up so they have some respect for gymnasts.

*There are two kinds of people in the world: GYMNASTS, and those who wish they were.*

I distinctly remember a conversation in middle school that went something like this:

Him: You're a guy and you do gymnastics? That's gay.
Me: Yeah, I spend my evenings surrounded by cute girls in leotards.
Him: (gets this completely dumbstruck look like that had never occurred to him)

Good times.

I distinctly remember a conversation in middle school that went something like this:

Good times.

Oh, I've had pretty much that same convo a couple times lately. They get jealous quickly....haha!

Good times.

hahahhaaha thats AWESOME

I'm so tempted to respond with comebacks which refer to the fact that gymnastics is one of the few sports men don't "play" together, as well as the fact that "balls" are not somehow involved in the sport.

Am I going to get kicked off, or was that vague enough?:confused:

OMG that's soo annoying! Especially as gymnastics isn't very popular where I live- girls dance until they're 12ish and thats IT- and people think it's like a forward roll or cartwheel!

But when we did it in PE and noone could even do a roundoff without landing on their heads except me everyone started being a bit more understanding :D

There's a guy at my gym who's like 24, competing the Canadian version of level 10, and has been doing gymnastics since he was a little kid, and he says that whenever people would question him doing gymnastics because he's a guy he just says that "chicks dig flips".

lol yea

yea i get real annoyed wen people think gymnastics is easy and just for girly girls, u hav 2 be really strong 2 do gymnastics, have courage and confidence and the ability to bounce back! i just wanna yell at them and tel them to try it,thats its harder than it looks!

tumbling in gym class is always funny cause its really simple stuff but everyone is still like whoa...how did you...bounce after ur roundoff.. and ur like uh..i can't help it..

Since we are speaking comletely of people who don't get gym, I would like to give credit to a random stranger who does. I was at lunch at school, sitting with some friends. Nearby, a group of boys, none of whom I know, were discussing "stupid sports". One of them said gymnastics, and before I could butt my head into their conversation, his friend interjected with a ," No, that is some hard (stuff)", he actually swore but that is an uneccessary factor. So I thought that was pretty darn cool. I don't know if he knows a gymnast, or was one, but it was good to hear.

I agree with everyone!! I think using gay is just to say something is stupid is dumb. I mean I have a friend who as two moms it's hurtful to her when people use gay as something dumb. It's unfortunate.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back