Uk level 5 & grade 14

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Libby's gym mom

Proud Parent
Hi again !!
Could anyone just tell me the requirements for these 2 levels plz I've looked through numerous links and getting rather confused with it all ( not that it's hard lol )
Cheers in advance peeps xx

Grade 6

Vault:
Stretch jump onto block, kick to handstand flatback

Bars:
Chin up in undergrasp, half turn to overgrasp
2 x leg lifts
chin up in overgrasp, pull over to front support
forward circle to show chin up position and lower to hang
5 fish/tap swings dismount at back

Beam:
Jump to front support, lift leg over to sit in straddle 1/2 lever. Swing to squat on.
From pike fold, walk out to long front support, hold for 2 seconds, walk feet in to stand.
Stretch jump
Ring turn
Arabesque
run and 2 footed jump dismount

Floor:
Handstand to bridge - show position - kick over to stand
cartwheel side to side, immediate cartwheel 1/4 turn into backward roll to pike with straight arms and legs
Forward roll to straddle sit, turn to splits
Handstand forward roll with straight arms to stand
Chasse catleap, chasse assemble jump, stretch jump

Range:
Forward roll to long sit
Straddle legs to show box splits
Lie forwards and join legs behind - push to press up position, drag feet in to pike fold
perch hold on parallettes, Straddle hold on parallettes
half turn on toes
kneel and slide to splits
half turn to splits
join legs and show pike fold
push to bridge and kick over

Ok I can't really put that in here , as we are not allowed are we ? But where could I find this out , our gyms shut this week x

compulsory (March)

Voluntary (October)
Vault - handspring to feet, fall forwards

Bars - upstart, cast above 45 degrees, back hip circle, squat on, long upstart, dismount (backaway straight from handstand or straddle undershoot)

Beam - 8 elements in total including: mount, half spin, dance series of 2 leaps, hops or jumps, one with 180 degree split, forward or sideways acro element, backwards acro element, dismount (roundoff or somi)

Floor - 8 elements in total including: Dance series of 2 leaps, hops or jumps 1 with 180 degree split, spin, acro element with flight, 2nd acro element with flight.

Grade 6

Vault:

Bars:
2 x leg lifts

Beam:
Jump to front support, lift leg over to sit in straddle 1/2 lever. Swing to squat on.
From pike fold, walk out to long front support, hold for 2 seconds, walk feet in to stand.
Stretch jump
Ring turn
Arabesque

Floor:
cartwheel side to side, immediate cartwheel 1/4 turn into backward roll to pike with straight arms and legs

Range:
Forward roll to long sit
Lie forwards and join legs behind - push to press up position, drag feet in to pike fold
half turn on toes
half turn to splits
That's good my dd ( although needs tidying ) can do all the above mentioned x

Should be fairly obvious based on where your gym is, ie East Midlands, south, east, London, north west etc but check where you think you might be and look up some old results to see if your club is on there. Your region will likely have a website with old results and maybe the skills listed. YouTube is good to see the routines.

Grade 6

Vault:

Bars:
2 x leg lifts

Beam:
Stretch jump
Ring turn
Arabesque

Floor:

Range:
Forward roll to long sit
half turn on toes
half turn to splits

Is this from the provisional document or have the routines now been confirmed? If not are they likely to change? I'm new to artistic competitions :)

I think it is the short ones like that but can't remember the official make that will be used at nationals.

Thx , this is all very interesting to read and frustrating too as I think you are aware of my dds fear at the moment xx

How is your dd getting on? My dd seems to have overcame her fears as she did a cartwheel on the high wider training bar last week for the first time. (Her idea not the coaches) and she did it again last practice, she said that she feels like she is ready to try on the thin high beam (at its lowest setting) next time (they have to do 3 cartwheels without falling off before moving to the next step).

It seems like dd will be doing some sort of "grades" next year and she will be in the 9 year old category as she turned 8 today. Looking at the list for Grade 6 she is capable of doing that including the range and conditioning.

TD I don't know how your region do things, or how they will do things with the new system, but I suspect they may well have "in age" and "out of age" if its a competition. If so as a 9 year old she will compete out of age at Grade 6.

I don't know much about in or out of age etc, from what I have read there was a minimum age of 8 for Grade 6 and a minimum age of 9 for Grade 5 (according to the NDP Grades provisional overview published in June on the British Gymnastics website) so you are most probably correct, I am a bit confused as dd is the youngest in the group (dd and another girl turned 8 this year), the rest are already 9,10,11 and 13 so I don't know if these are Grades the coach told me about or a county grade system. All I was told was that they will be doing Grades next year.

Looking at the skills, the two oldest girls could do regional 2 or 1 and one can do back walkovers on high beam (sometimes as is still training the ) and the oldest can do both front and back walkovers on high beam. Dd's highest skills are forwards rolls on high beam, just starting cartwheels (can land them on high wider training beam), pullover and back hip circle on bars with a straddle undershoot (coach lifts her high above the bar and dd does the rest). The have done a little work on squat ons and jump to the high bar (not very often).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back