um excuse me?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gracefulone

NBCOlympics.com - Beijing squad is named

Men's team: Paul Hamm Jonathan Horton, Kevin Tan, Morgan Hamm,Joe Hagerty,and Justin Spring.

Alternates: Raj Bhavsar, Alexander Artemev, David Durante.

I love Justin Spring and think he's a great guy, but I believe Sasha is a more consistent athlete. And what happened to David Sender (aka the national champion?) I don't recall any injuries or anything...but I'm not so good at following the boys. And also, I feel bad for Raj, but think his form really screws him. He has so many form breaks that I can see why he wasn't chosen.

edit: I read the article in full and saw that Sender unsuccessfully petitioned onto the team after an ankle injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really been keeping up with this but I did see Spring's p-bars and high bar on youtube and they were pretty impressive. I don't know enough about the rest of the team to know where they needed athletes, but I can definitely see why he's on the team if they did need bar workers.

i feel so bad for sender!
i still don't get why he didn't make the team, i thought his ankle injury was minor.

the team could have been way better if it wasn't for all these injuries!

Sasha is wildly inconsistent. I don't think anyone would ever use the work "consistent" in the same sentence with his name. He is beautiful though. They needed him for pommel horse, but he only hit 1 out of 4. I could see why he's only an alternate.

NBCOlympics.com - Beijing squad is named

Men's team: Paul Hamm Jonathan Horton, Kevin Tan, Morgan Hamm,Joe Hagerty,and Justin Spring.

Alternates: Raj Bhavsar, Alexander Artemev, David Durante.

I love Justin Spring and think he's a great guy, but I believe Sasha is a more consistent athlete. And what happened to David Sender (aka the national champion?) I don't recall any injuries or anything...but I'm not so good at following the boys. And also, I feel bad for Raj, but think his form really screws him. He has so many form breaks that I can see why he wasn't chosen.

edit: I read the article in full and saw that Sender unsuccessfully petitioned onto the team after an ankle injury.

I felt bad for Raj Bhavsar aswell. I wanted him to make it. Especially after watching trials. I know they picked the mens team the way they did for good reasons but, i still wish raj was on it.

:confused:Haven't followed the men all that much, but did see the coverage on Raj on yesterday's live coverage in the afternoon, and after not making it last time, sticking around and working so hard AND coming in 3'rd all around at the trials, can someone PLEASE explain to me why he's NOT on the team? While it is great that he is *at least* an alternate, he clearly deserved to be name, esecially over some of the other men who were way down on the list. :confused:

Also, Morgan came in pretty low in the AA and didn't have any stellar performences, and didn't do all that well at the last Olympic games, so why is he going??? Paul clearly has a solid record, but I think David Sender does now too (winning nationals). It all seems so political it makes my head hurt and my heart sad for those two (Raj and Sender).

:confused:Haven't followed the men all that much, but did see the coverage on Raj on yesterday's live coverage in the afternoon, and after not making it last time, sticking around and working so hard AND coming in 3'rd all around at the trials, can someone PLEASE explain to me why he's NOT on the team? While it is great that he is *at least* an alternate, he clearly deserved to be name, esecially over some of the other men who were way down on the list. :confused:

Also, Morgan came in pretty low in the AA and didn't have any stellar performences, and didn't do all that well at the last Olympic games, so why is he going??? Paul clearly has a solid record, but I think David Sender does now too (winning nationals). It all seems so political it makes my head hurt and my heart sad for those two (Raj and Sender).

It's not about where you finish in the AA anymore...gotta keep that in mind.

They made the decisions they had to make for the team. What I think is dumb is that they comitted to this whole team so early. Oh well. They have their reasons.

It's not about where you finish in the AA anymore...gotta keep that in mind.

They made the decisions they had to make for the team. What I think is dumb is that they comitted to this whole team so early. Oh well. They have their reasons.

No, I do get that. But what I don't get is how this guy could do so well, and a guy with much less than that (score wise) with an unproven track record could make the team a 2'nd time while this one is an alternate. I get the whole "need to balance out the team" bit and make sure they have enough guys to put up on each event in the team finals, but seriously, it really seems as though one (if not both) Hamm brothers made the team without complete just cause (this time around).

I also really wanted Raj and David sender on the team and I feel really bad for both guys. Howerver, one thing that should be pointed out is that while Raj finished top 3 AA and in 3 events, Paul Hamm's scores aren't factored into those numbers, so he's really top 4 AA and probably in an event or two.

I still think Raj should have made it over Morgan Hamm or maybe Justin Spring or Joe Hagerty.

SO Sad for Raj. The Olympics are all about stories like his, the comeback the stuck skills it is fantastic and makes me tear up!

I wonder if Both the Hamm brothers will be out for injury and Raj will end up competing..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back