Unbelievable

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So yesterday I was at gymnastics and it is down to the last 15 minutes of practice and Iam doing yurchenko timers. I hop of the mat and then I hear a pop and I am rolling on the floor crying. Yeah, I rolled my ankle. I rolled my other ankle last year and it is no way as bad as it now. My ankle swelled up to the size of baseball. The even better part is that I have a cheer camp this weekend and the doctor says I can't put any weight on my ankle for a week. I got my first pair of crutches too. Sleeping is terrible because my foot has to always be elevated and in a splint. Just thought I would share this information. At least I get out of cheer camp! :)

I'm so sorry to hear you hurt your ankle :( It is odd though that all you gymnasts can do this crazy stuff and end up hurting yourselves hopping off a mat or something strange like that. My dd broke her elbow last year jumping down off the bar after doing pull-ups. The girl can walk fine on a 4 inch beam - just don't ask her to walk on a regular floor, lol.

I hope you feel better soon :)

that seems to always happen. we always get hurt doing the little things, i had a teammate roll her ankle warming up a jump on tumble track, and another teammate was going from a 2/1 turn in to a 2/1 tuck and rolled her ankle.. its always the little stuff..its crazy. or like if we trip or something ppl are like..wow ur a gymnast. its one of those weird things about our sport!

in the meantime i hope you have a fast recovery!!! :D

Aww. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you make a super speedy recovery!

Awww hope you feel better soon :)

At xmas I hurt my back by doing a full turn jump. It ended up with me not being able to walk for about a week, and in the end, I quit gym cos I was always getting hurt in some way.

Aw thats so sad. My ex-gf hurt her ankle pretty bad not too long ago and was out for a while. It really sucked because she could only do bars and conditioning for a few weeks. I hope u get better soon and get back into the gym!!

Sorry about your ankle and hope it feels quickly! If you went to the ER at first, try to get an appointment with a sports medicine physician or orthopedist. I've never heard of someone not being allowed to bear weight for a week with a sprain. I had a grade III Lisfranc sprain and tore the joint capsule in my foot on a roundoff jump 1/2 a few years ago, and I was allowed to walk with crutches as soon as I could bear it.

I did the same thing at camp this past week! We were running relays... I finished running and jumped off a mat, rolled my ankle pretty bad. Of course, I wasn't going to miss the rest of camp, so I iced it for a bit, took some tylenol, and went on with it... probably not the smartest of ideas! I felt it later for sure! So be sure to stay off it. Hope you feel better soon though! :)

That really stinks. Many of my teammates have gotten hurt just walkingand tripping or doing stuff on the low beam. I hope you get better soon!

I go back to the doctor next monday to have more x-rays done, because when I first went there was so much swelling they couldn't tell if anything was wrong. My foot was swollen for the entire weekend and I got to sit out of cheer camp for the entire weekend !~YAY! My foot is not as swollen, just on the top, and I can finally see my ankle again and the bruise is healing (its really gross though, lol). The only thing is, is that my mom won't let me go to gymnastics and my birthday is wednesday. :mad::(

Aww too bad about your b-day! Try to have a happy b-day anyway!

At least it seems like your ankle is doing a bit better; best of luck at the doctor's.

Sorry to hear about your injury. I missed one training session in the 8 years that i worked at one gym and one of my gymnasts who never got hurt, never ripped, broke her leg doing a roundoff. I was more upset than she was because it happened when i was not there.

Don

That sucks about your ankle. Hopefully when you go to the doctor they'll tell you that it will be okay soon. It's funny how gymnasts get hurt on the stupid things. Last year I hurt my pinkie toe stubbing it on the edge of the trampoline when I was walking back into the line. I was walking around like Dr. House (in the words of one of my teachers) for a few days afterwards.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back