WAG Under Armour competition leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Natasha

Proud Parent
Does anyone have any experience with UA competition leos? We are looking at ordering these for our optional girls. If you've had them, are you happy with them? How do the sizes compare with the GK and/or Alpha factor? Any tips or feedback welcome!

I think they run a little on the large side -- I'd strongly recommend using the sizing kit. Our girls had them for the past two years and they were lovely. Hers held up well to wear and tear. No fading and the bling stayed on (though I should note that I am a strictly by-the-book comp leo washer, haha!). I thought they looked really sharp. The design the gym chose was very flattering to a variety of body types.

My experience with the UA in-stock tank leos (we have 2) is that they run a little small -- although maybe the competition leos run larger (see above)?? My daughter is 48-49 inches tall and 46 lbs (7 years old). She has two UA tank leos in CM, both on the small side (in fact one leaves marks bc it is so snug).

My experience with the UA in-stock tank leos (we have 2) is that they run a little small -- although maybe the competition leos run larger (see above)?? My daughter is 48-49 inches tall and 46 lbs (7 years old). She has two UA tank leos in CM, both on the small side (in fact one leaves marks bc it is so snug).
If they are anything like the other GK leos the tanks are smaller than the comp leos. My dd cannot wear a GK child large tank without pain. But comp leo is CL, the AXS is too big. So weird.

I don't have under armour, but my best friend at another gym does. She has a very nice leo, it looked good on a variety of people. They run a little big (my friend usually wears as and she needed an axs) so I would suggest using the sizers.

We used them two years ago, and they ran on the slighter build side (especially in the tush area.) Older girls had a devil of a time finding undergarments that fit the cut they had (slightly like a reverse v-neck if that makes any sense?) Pea is long and lean and it was the first overpriced leo I didn't have to pay to get altered! :rolleyes:

We have one. I'd say they run small! Dd wore CM last yr in GK and UA tanks, ordered the CM. It was TIGHT. She is short and stocky, though

No experience with the comp Leo's, but their in stock tank Leo's definitely run a titch small. DD can wear either an AXS or AS in those and she JUST got into AXS in alpha factor, her CL still fits but is a teensy bit tighter than we would like. We will make it last this season though, last year of our comp Leo cycle, lol!

I would say the competition Leo's don't run small, but maybe large. DD wears an AXS in GK or Alpha factor and her UA competition Leo is a child large. It looks ridiculously small on the hanger! But she says it is really comfortable.

I think it flatters a variety of body types, our gym has UA Rhythm.

We have UA comp leos and they definitely fit differently than the UA tank leos. I found that the comp leo ran a bit larger than both the UA and GK tank leos. Overall, when using the measurement guidelines, the sizes were correct. The leo itself is really good quality.

Each comp leo my DD has worn has run a bit large... Two GK and one Alpha Factor.

She has to really cram herself into her GK mystique tank CL leotards. Upon recommendation from a mom in the know, I nervously ordered DD a CL comp leo. It's also GK and mystique. Boy am I glad I didn't order the AXS as that CL leotard is huge - she has tons of room to grow.

FWIW, DD is pretty darn narrow, but has a long torso. She's 55" tall and 70 pounds.

Her UA tank leos fit much like her mystique GK leos.

Oops, I think I meant to say large. She needed an axs, as opposed to an as in gk tank leos.

I've heard negative things about the UA leos, and I know several teams that switched to a different brand after one year with UA.

I've heard negative things about the UA leos, and I know several teams that switched to a different brand after one year with UA.
We weren't at my DDs current gym last year, but I know that they had new UA competition leotards for last season. They switched back to GK this year. Since I had only heard good things about UA I was surprised. It didn't effect us, but I can't imagine the other parents could be happy about new leotards again without a good reason.

What were their complaints?

Just them not fitting properly, the teams I talked to all said there were multiple issues with the leos being either too small or too large and not being big enough in some areas if they were bigger than a twig.

Our team used UA leo's last year and we are using them again this year. We had no issues, some of the more muscular girls complained that the shoulders were a little tight, but that seems to come with the territory as far as long sleeved leos are concerned. . They were the same as GK as far as I could tell. Our girls love them!

Our optional girls have the UA long sleeve competition leos with the patterns and bling. They've held up extremely well, even with many washings. I would recommend them. I felt like they ran similar in size to GK for my daughter. She's more of the stockier gymnast build.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back