WAG Unitard in competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I like it! The pattern and design options explode with so much more fabric to play with. The girls uniforms could be amazing in a few years if everyone went this route. Think of the bling potential! I am surprised she had the elastics around the feet with her leggings. With today's spandex I don't think that is entirely necessary, no risk of it riding up, and would show off pretty pointed toes better.

I don’t think it will be common but I hope it’s allowed at all levels. If anyone watches Worldof Dance, there was a dancer who performed a beautiful routine with a lot of gymnastics. She wore a very nice, modestly cut leotard.

I think I’m with @tucktwisttumble. I think it will hide the body lines and mask some imperfections. And I can’t imagine how distracting it would be if they fully bling out the legs. I’m ok with shorts, but I find this a little much.

Full length bodysuits like this are common in acro and they can be done beautifully. The rules actually state that the legs can't be full solid color and that it has to be broken up somehow in order to full be able to see the lines.

It is stunning. I really love it. I can perfectly see the lines and I find it not distracting at all. As a coach I am also used to gymnasts with shorts so my eye is trained. It is nice to also see high level gymnasts playing with the COP not only regarding elements.
I preferr this one by far over those backless leotards, those are way more distracting! And I think if I am getting more used to this competition version, I will also prefer it over normal leotards.

Full length bodysuits like this are common in acro and they can be done beautifully. The rules actually state that the legs can't be full solid color and that it has to be broken up somehow in order to full be able to see the lines.

I thought that for WAG it stated that plain leggings only matching the main colour of the leotard could be worn. I found the ankle detail distracting, but recognise that could be an adjustment issue. But I don't have that problem watching girls train in plain black leggings. And with that I have just guessed the reason for that rule in our gym.

I thought that for WAG it stated that plain leggings only matching the main colour of the leotard could be worn. I found the ankle detail distracting, but recognise that could be an adjustment issue. But I don't have that problem watching girls train in plain black leggings. And with that I have just guessed the reason for that rule in our gym.

Sorry, I realize that wasn't clear. The Acro rules require that the legging not be solid all the way through if they are dark:

"trousers, unitards or tights are allowed only if the color on the leg is broken the whole length of leg, from the hip to the ankle with a light-colored decoration or pattern. The breaking must be simple and not overdone. The length and type of the fabric covering the legs must be identical on both legs. Only the decoration may be different"

They must wear a correct sportive non transparent leotard or unitard
(one piece leotard with full length legs-hip to ankle), which must be of
elegant design. She may wear complete leg coverings of the same
color as that of the leotard; under or on top of the leotard.

No need of just main color. As far as I can judge all the colors of the leg covering appear in the leotard.

I really liked this design! I didn't find it distracting at all. In fact, I felt it was more seamless compared to leo/bare leg look. Really, how is it any different than having long sleeves on the arms? Do the sleeves somehow cause a distraction or hide the bent arms?

looking more closely, is this a unitard or is it a pair of leggings? The black on the top vs the bottom is different. Made me think they are leggings.

I’m going to b unpopular and say I don’t really like it. She looks like a matador in go-go boots. I also don’t like how it goes over the fee. I personally think capris length would be better.

Then again, I don’t like the KZ line from Ozone either. I think she has very bad taste and her Leos are weird, especially the high belted waist and the high priest collars. And I’m really tired of her obsession with rainbows. But anyway.....

I really like this, but have to agree with others regarding the covered feet. Her feet and ankles looked odd to me.

Don't know what the rules are regarding unitards for rhythmic gymnastics, but I have seen some beautiful ones over the years and have not found it distracting.

This is not new, it has been allowed in WAG FIG competitions for quite some time. Most countries have just chosen not to exersices the option.

I like the bling even less on a full-length unitard than on a leotard, just because there's more of it on the unitard. Why can't they wear leotards or unitards that look like athletic uniforms instead of circus costumes? Also, for modesty I think a leo with separate leggings (either over or under the leo) works much better than a unitard.

The fact that the color change from black to white occurs just below the knee makes me think this outfit would be ideally suited to camouflage bent knees. It made me think of marching band uniforms. If you want to hide kids who are out of phase or unevenly spaced, you put the band in plain black pants and black shoes. If you're confident that they can all stay on the beat and maintain their spacing, you put them in black pants with a white stripe down the side and white shoes to show off their precision.

I’m going to b unpopular and say I don’t really like it. She looks like a matador in go-go boots. I also don’t like how it goes over the fee. I personally think capris length would be better.

Then again, I don’t like the KZ line from Ozone either. I think she has very bad taste and her Leos are weird, especially the high belted waist and the high priest collars. And I’m really tired of her obsession with rainbows. But anyway.....

The pants may come down over her ankles for reasons of modesty.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back