WAG Unusual Skills or Series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm doing optionals next year, and want to stand out from the crowd a little. What are some unusual skills that I can learn for next year? I also need a series on beam, but I can't think of an original series. I can do back walkovers, cartwheels, handstands, and possibly a back handspring. Does anyone have any ideas for interesting, uncommon series? Thank you!:)

I went to flipfest earlier this summer and everyone thought it was so cool that my series was a front handspring to one arm front handspring, you can't do that till a least level 8 tho

Front handspring on beam?!:eek:I don't even want to think about it.:oops: I'm doing Xcel Gold, so the requirements are a little bit different.

Back extension roll BHS, BWO BT (dismount), Cartwheel BT (dismount), valdez into a back handspring (?). Those are pretty skills/dismounts are pretty rare around here!

Front handspring on beam?!:eek:I don't even want to think about it.:oops: I'm doing Xcel Gold, so the requirements are a little bit different.
If you are doing Gold, you don't need a SERIES on beam... just 2 different acro. It only has to be a series if it is the same thing twice.

At Gold, we see a lot of BWO or Cartwheel and HS for the other acro. Sometimes, we see a BHS. I think a Korbut would be cool (think BHS to straddle the beam)... maybe do that into a back shoulder roll to one knee - that would be interesting :)

I like your attitude! I think it's great that you want to do cool, fun, unique skills, as opposed to just worrying about what will score the highest.

You could do front walkover -cartwheel not seen a lot at least where I am front walkover round off?

Not sure about US but cartwheel back tuck is a very common dismount in Aus especially in level 6/7

Thanks for the help guys! I'm doing Xcel Gold, but working on a series for Platnium. Some of these are very interesting! I might do a Valdez. Its a fun skill and I haven't seen anyone do it. Another girl is doing a front walkover cartwheel, and I don't want to steal it from her.

Don't know if you're looking for mounts, but yesterday I taught myself pike press to HS, pike press through to v-hold on beam. I haven't seen it and it looks very pretty.

Different dismounts: gainer off the end or off the side, one of my friends did HS-swing through to gainer half off the side which was cool.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back