WAG Up-to-level versus atypical skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here would be her "up to level" deductions if she did the following routines in level 8:

Beam:
Full Turn (A), Switch Leap 1/4 (C), FWO + Back Tuck (B+C), RO (B) + Layout (A)

Beam Composition: Up To Level Acro: .05 (Needs one more B for no deduction), Up to Level Dance: .15 (Needs another B for no deduction), Up to level dismount: No deduction

Floor: 1.5 Turn (B), FHS +Front 1/2? (A+B), Front Layout + Front Pike (B+B), RO + BHS + Back Layout 1/2 (A+A+B), Switch Leap (B?), Straddle Jump (B) + ?
(I'm assuming somewhere in there she has a dance passage for a special requirement...)

Floor Composition: Up to Level Acro: No Deduction, Up to level dance: No deduction, Up to level last pass: No deduction
This, but beam acro comp deduction will be 0.1 since series isn't two flight skills. There are no additional acro skills that can eliminate this deduction. Series has to be 2 B flight for no deduction.

So a B-B acro (bhs-bhs) is up to level but a B-C (fwo-bt) is not? That is so completely counterintuitive.

Dd also does a fhs-bt, but she was told that has to wait for level 9.

So a B-B acro (bhs-bhs) is up to level but a B-C (fwo-bt) is not? That is so completely counterintuitive.

Dd also does a fhs-bt, but she was told that has to wait for level 9.
There are technically no C's in level 8, all the C's get downgraded to B's. So series is technically a non-flight B to a flight B. C's don't get additional "credit" until level 9, I think it's a way to allow a little additional difficulty for those able, without rewarding it so that it puts them ahead of those doing at the level skills. Doing essentially "level 9" skills shouldn't put a gymnast competing level 8 ahead of the other level 8's, have to wait for level 9 for that.

This, but beam acro comp deduction will be 0.1 since series isn't two flight skills. There are no additional acro skills that can eliminate this deduction. Series has to be 2 B flight for no deduction.
Chiming in to ask if my DD would have the same comp deduction for back walkover back tuck? And I assume the same issue for girls doing back walkover bhs too, right?

Chiming in to ask if my DD would have the same comp deduction for back walkover back tuck? And I assume the same issue for girls doing back walkover bhs too, right?
Yes to both. The flight series up to level deduction is very specific.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back