WAG Upcoming travel meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aero

Coach
Hello everybody!

I am headed to Baltimore tonight for the Christmas on the Chesapeake meet. I will be there Friday coaching the Level 5s (at 7:45, ugh!) and Saturday coaching the Level 4s, although I also plan on staying to watch some of the Level 10s on Saturday, too.

I'm also headed to the Sand Dollar Invitational at Disney in January. I totally love my new gym because now I actually get to go to all these awesome travel meets!

Anyways, I just wanted to know some honest thoughts and opinions on these two meets, and what your experiences were like. Also, do any of you have athletes competing?

I'm always open to ChalkBucket meet ups, too. :)

The girls in our gym have cherished Christmas on the Chesapeake. They still wear the gift leo from last year and speak about the meet. My DD is sad that she has yet to attend this meet. They are not attending this year as it was decided to attend the Atlantis Crown instead.

We did Sand Dollar two seasons ago (2016) when DD was in Xcel at old gym. I thought it was a well run meet. We stayed at one of the meet hotels — a Disney hotel - and the transportation to/from the meet venue worked well (but give yourself plenty of time). DD especially loved that the medals for each event were a different sea animal, and the favor was a beach towel that actually gets used (unlike her growing stack of boxy t-shirts). Have fun! (This year we are doing a Vegas meet.)

We have been to both. We loved Chesapeake. Very well run. Great facility, at least when we went. They gave snowglobes a few years ago instead of trophies, which dd thought was "the best". Not sure if they still do that. Sand dollar was also well run. And it's Disney so that's a plus! stinks for parents, though because it is a $30 entry fee.

We did Sand Dollar two seasons ago (2016) when DD was in Xcel at old gym. I thought it was a well run meet. We stayed at one of the meet hotels — a Disney hotel - and the transportation to/from the meet venue worked well (but give yourself plenty of time). DD especially loved that the medals for each event were a different sea animal, and the favor was a beach towel that actually gets used (unlike her growing stack of boxy t-shirts). Have fun! (This year we are doing a Vegas meet.)
Our gym is doing Vegas this year also. I have a boy so we are the weekend after the girls. One of the families at our gym has a boy and a girl so they have to be there almost TWO WEEKS- Yikes!

How is it going in your new gym? :) I don't remember reading any updates about your time after the move. Are you a JO compulsory coach now?
I know, I haven't been around that much lately! I've been reading a ton on the forums, but not posting; I've been super busy reforming the entire JO program at the new gym and writing individual conditioning plans for the girls.

I am primarily in charge of the JO program as a whole, and the highest level we have currently is Level 5. We're a couple meets into the season now, and the girls are learning what true form is supposed to be, and sometimes it is a hard lesson; my standards are very high. However, even though I was brought straight into the middle of a weak program with the task of bringing it up to high levels of performance, I am loving every second of my work and I'm realizing that reforming an entire program is incredibly valuable experience for me as a coach, and I am gaining tons of respect with my fellow coaches and the girls, too.

I feel fantastic. :)

So glad to hear your update. And so jealous. We hardly do any travel meets and we are OK with that . But the one we were actually looking forward to was Christmas on the Chesapeake and the gym didn't sign up in time. And they haven't put it back on the schedule since.

Enjoy

Just bumping this thread again to see if any of you fine folks will be at Disney this weekend for the Sand Dollar/Whitlow Invitational! I’m sitting in Newark Liberty International Airport at the moment waiting for my flight to board and I’m super excited! :D

I’m always interested in meet ups with fellow ChalkBucketeers!

Just bumping this thread again to see if any of you fine folks will be at Disney this weekend for the Sand Dollar/Whitlow Invitational! I’m sitting in Newark Liberty International Airport at the moment waiting for my flight to board and I’m super excited! :D

I’m always interested in meet ups with fellow ChalkBucketeers!

I will be there watching my daughter's former teammates, but only at the Level 8 session (11:30 on saturday).
Good luck to your girls!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back