Parents Update on dd

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I haven't posted an update on dd in a while.
She has been injured most of the season and it is very frustrating since she has worked so hard and had many upgrades.Only competed a couple of meets.
We actually petitioned her to Regionals but she is still not well and we decided to just let her heal up all the way and hopefully she will get well soon and be able to compete next year.
The healing process is going very slow. She basically only did some conditioning and bars the last couple of month and her hip pain only improved a little bit.She is now taking a whole month off from gym completely and will just concentrate on her stretches and exercises that the Physical Therapist gave her to do.
Trying to think about a cause of the injury and it might be a combination of things.
Most websites say it is an overuse injury.It came on slowly at the beginning of the season but than got really bad after she straddled the beam on her bhs layout.
Her IT band is also very tight which can cause inflammation on the bursa.
One webside also says that when kids grow muscles and tendons can get very tight and also cause pain.
Like I said we (dd,coach and parents) are really frustrated.I really thought it was her year to shine.
Our focus now is just trying to get her better.

Here is a vid from her first competition.I will post it again for the once that have not seen it before.

YouTube - Gymnastics Level 9 - Columbia River Classic

I'm sorry to hear that she's missing regionals. That sounds really disappointing. In the long run, however, taking time to fully heal before coming back is probably the best thing to do. Now she can just look forward to getting completely healthy and training over the summer. Good luck.

Oh gosh I totally get the hip pain thing. Bigger Bog went through that when she was 11, she also had tight ib bands ( though now she is 13 that has eased amazingly and she has all3 splits back.). She stuck to the pt and after a few months things improved.

I hope yor dd can take the time to heal totally as these injuries just take time. Very frustrating as her meet was so solid. Glad you gave the update, I was wondering how she was doing.

I'm so sorry she is having so much trouble with this injury! It must be so sad for her and for you. I really hope that this time will give her body the chance to heal and she can get back on track!!!

Thank you,bog. I hope rest and PT is the ticket. She had an X-ray and MRI which did not show anything serious, just fluid on the tendon.
Will keep you guys updated.

So sorry that she is injured and missed most of her season. I think you have made the right decision. I hope she heals fully and soon, so she can start training again. I am sure it has been very hard for her, especially not knowing what caused it all.

I am so sorry to hear about the injury and having to not compete as much as she has wanted to. Her routines do look very solid and she is such a beautiful gymnast. Thanks for the update and I hope she recovers quickly!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back