WAG Update on my old thread about switching gym advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

Hi :) Many of you asked for an update about me switching or staying gyms. Well, I ended up staying at the Y. With rides and money we just didn't think it was the right time to make the switch. Plus my current coaches know how to work with me to help my ankle/shin, even though its kind of healed. We know how to prevent further injury (hopefully) and we just don't think other gyms will.

So I competed today in the 15 year old age group as a level 4 at my gyms first meet of the season. My scores were:
Vault: 8.600
Floor: 8.750
Beam: 9.050
Bars: 8.550
These may have been some of the hardest judges I have ever had... I received the highest beam score for my gym l4+! Personally I thought I had the best bars/floor I have ever done, with some bad scores, but I'm just focusing on getting better. The vault was a really old table and the runway was only 59 inches.... so I didn't go over the table during warm-up but tried again while competing and thankfully got through the block.

Awards got messed up and the system crashed, so my coaches said we could leave. We left our house at around 10 am and it was 5:30, so most girls left to grab a bite to eat and get home. The host gym is sending awards home with our coaches and we will have a little awards ceremony at our gym. So I don't know how I placed but I believe I was the only 15 yo level 4....

Thank you for everyone's support. It means a lot to me.

Congrats to you! And those aren't bad scores by any means! I'm sure as the season goes on you will continue to see them get higher and higher! =)

Thanks for the update. Glad you are finding what works for you. It's great that you are working towards your personal goals, and you sound happy about gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back