Parents Update on the new gym!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flip4funmom

Proud Parent
Update time!!!

What a completely different experience. We were greeted by both the gym owner and coach when we arrived. Weslan had a blast, he was having fun again. He liked the coaches and the coaches were happy to have him. They spoke with me after practice which was awesome!!!

So here's the plan, he is going to be on the team but not train with the team YET. At his prior gym he was pushed to level 4, so he is missing a lot of the basic skills learned in the lower levels. These skills are used by the coaches for training purposes at team practices. They were very pleased with his skills and the coach said "He has a lot of potential if he chooses to use it". So he will be in a mix of intermediate/advanced classes to learn the basics he missed then moved up to the team training schedule when ready. They wanted to wait until next season to have him compete but his whole demeanor changed when coach mentioned that, so I explained that he had been promised competing since May that's why he's disappointed. So here's what they offered to do; He will compete level 3 in tumbling, and trampoline, double mini might still be level 4. with his current skill set he will be able to learn the level 3 routines in the classes and compete successfully.

Weslan is thrilled he can compete and I'm loving the no pressure approach.

I am glad it didn’t take much time to find a new gym, I am hope it continues to be a better environment for your DS.

He sounds like my daughter! They want to compete so badly at 5 that is blows my mind! I am glad that he is happy and the new gym is able to see what gets him fired up while still keeping with their core values.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back