Parents Update time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DbacksMom75

Proud Parent
So it's been quite awhile since I've been able to post. Seems my computer had a issue and decided to self implode so I had to get a new one...:(
Little gymmie had a mock meet and it didn't go as well as she thought it would...
Bars 6.80
Beam 8.1
Floor 8.25
Vault 7.75
All round 30.9

The meet wasn't as well run as the last one we did and they had the competitive team girls judging. Later one of the mom's found out they were factoring in "cuteness" with their scores which really made us mad but it was just a mock meet.

Tonight was hard because her friend that she is always in competition with got moved onto the team and she didn't so we had a round of tears in the car on the way home. I was also a little mad because gymmie has been trying so hard in practice and really focusing while her friend plays in the chalk bucket but once again...what can you do?:rolleyes:

Awwww - sorry gymmie was not moved to team yet. It is hard when someone they train with and are friends with moves up first. ((((HUGS))))) to your gymmie.

Her scores were not bad for a first mock meet. She will only improve now that she has done it once.

I think it is very hard for the older team girls to not factor in 'cuteness' - good thing they are not always judging !!!

Oh I agree, I really do not like it when the older girls judge, it shows the favouritism that is always in play in the gym. AT least when it is the coaches they work hard to be impartial.

Hugs for you and your DD, it is hard when things don't go as planned. Tears are hard too, hurt feelings and distress are so hard to watch. Poor little one. I think her scores sounded quite good for a first meet.

She was upset over the 6 and 7 scores. But once they gave her her ribbons she was happy again!
The HC reminded me tonight that "we aren't looking to compete her level 4 next fall so why do you care if she makes the level 4 team"..yeah hand slap bad gym mom:) He thinks that with the ASU gymnastics camp this summer she is going to have a spurt and will be ready for 5 by next compulsory season.
Good news is they did a mock TOPS test last week and she did 7 leg lifts on the bars, 5 push to handstands, and had the fastest sprint time!:)

Glad that she is having fun and improving. Her scores weren't bad for her first mock meet. Heck her scores were higher than my gymmies and she has competed. LOL. And she is coming along on her TOPS stuff. :D

Sounds like they have plans for her and she should just keep working hard and do her thing. It is hard when a friend moves up and you don't. It might make her work even harder. If she already knows those L4 routines, it couldn't hurt to compete at the end of the season, will they let her do that? Then she will get out those first meet jitters before L5. :D

My DD is doing the ASU Holiday Camp. She can't wait. She chose that over presents for Christmas (though she will get one from Santa, a small gift). It is only a 3 day camp, but it was much cheaper per day than summer, so we had to go with that one. Plus we probably won't be in AZ anymore by then. :(

Her scores were good just wait until a regular meet those judges are tough. It is not fun when they are pushed onto the team before they are ready so let her take her time but I understand this is really hard to explain to a little girl. Some of the best girls on my daughters team were the ones that had an extra year or 2 before getting on the team they are more prepared and get better scores.

Awwww - sorry to hear the experience of the mock meet wasn't so great. Having other girls judge really isn't a great idea. It is always hard when you see your dd work so hard and not be rewarded for it the way you would like them too. Sounds like she is doing really well with the whole tops thing though.

Does not sound like a fair meet ,they were choosing who goes to team ,with kids judging?Thoses scores really do noy mean much then.Sounds like she did really well with her tops!

Im sorry that she didn't get moved up to team yet. Tell her not to put much weight into this meet, it sounds like the judging wasn't all that fair! Sounds like she is doing great in her TOPS training!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back