WAG Update: tomorrow is her last day (Perthes disease)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is the first time I've read your story. And my heart breaks for you and your daughter. I know many gymnasts who have found another passion outside of gymnastics and I am certain your daughter will too. It won't be long before she starts smiling again. Best of luck to you both. Prayers for a better diagnosis and prognosis on your upcoming appointment.

I am so very sorry to hear this. I hope you are able to work with the school to come up with some accommodations to lessen her pain during the school day.

One thing that gymnastics teaches is resilience, and to have gotten all the way to L7 she must have quite a lot of it. That is something she will always be able to rely on, no matter what. Sending all the good wishes to you and your daughter.

I am so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how emotional this is for you both. There will be other things though. A friend now in her 50’s had two hip replacements in her 20’s due to a similar diagnosis. She’s never looked back, she became a great swimmer before the operation and now ski’s throughout the Winter.

So sorry for her and sending hugs your way. She will find something to be passionate about in time. Good luck to her and please check in from time to time!

I have been following your posts about your daughter. I am so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news. I will pray for her recovery and that new wonderful opportunities will come your daughter's way as soon as possible to fill her void.

i am so very sorry for you both. my heart hurts for her. so young to be dealing with such major health issues. i hope that she gets some relief for the pain and a plan to get her to her new normal. (((hugs)))

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back