Upstart

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mumof2gymnasts

My dd finally managed to do upstarts today after months of trying, she only did it twice, but came running out with the biggest smile on her face. She's the 2nd youngest at the club to do it too shes had the most amazing week, did giants in the gym for the first time last week, won level 7 voluntries at the weekend and upstarts, and flick to one and flick to 2 on high beam today.......super proud mum

Well done to your dd! Must be something in the air as my middle monkey (7) got her upstart yesterday after what seems like forever training it (probably just a couple of months lol!) and also flicked on high beam! She was well chuffed!

My dd is also 7, she really wanted to get it whilst she was 6 but missed that by days (she turned 7 4 days ago!). Well done to your dd, it's certainly not an easy one to get.

Lol she sounds like my oldest who was competing on her 7th birthday and desperately wanted her upstart! She managed to get it on both low and high bars just in time and was over the moon! It is the most frustrating skill as there seems to be no logical way of explaining it to a child - they need to feel it and then it just seems to click! I must admit I thought we would be waiting much longer bless her! Well done to your dd in her comp - she must be very good!

I have a feeling she won't get it tomorrow when she trains, think it'll be one that is hit and miss for a while. Thank you, she did really well on Sunday, she does find that level really easy, but unfortunatly it was all she could do. She's now looking forward to moving on and getting ready for March.

It's a great thing when it finally clicks isn't it? I'm so pleased for her. At our gym you don't even get to start working giants until you have your upstart and long upstart so I am also seriously impressed a the other skills your DD has.

Does she have any other fun invitation comps before March when she can do her stuff?

I don't know of any other comps coming up before march, so it's just going to be training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back