WAG URGENT Help with fhs front tuck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

milkcookies

Coach
Gymnast
I had my fhs front tuck then I lost it.
Everytime i do it i feel like i underrotate and i land on my butt. And it feels like a chuck it, like i'm not setting but just randomly tucking. I have a very good fhs set and can do a good fhs ft occasionally but recently it's on and off and idk what to do. I have a comp in 3 days.. A requirement is that I need two forward moving skills, one with flight and one a salto. I have no other forwards moving skills to use for the front acro connection.. my front tuck round off backhandspring is also iffy :(

also on bars i cant jump to the high bar with straight legs. I jump outcurved and it's really hard because i'm tall... it's hard to connect my kip to it and i'm really worried.

I’m not sure how old you are, and I’m going to say this as kindly as possible—but not just to you, though. There has been a trend lately of gymnasts coming to Chalkbucket and asking for coaching help with skills. While we do have an amazing group of knowledgeable coaches, owners, and judges here, this forum isn’t really for fixing problems that your coach should be fixing. I’m sure I’m not just speaking for myself when I say that we come here to discuss issues about gymnastics, to talk about the sport in general, to brag about our kids, or for a shoulder to cry on.

My suggestion is to schedule a private lesson with your coach or another coach in your gym to work on these things. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back