US Challenge/Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gym4life915

I know this is a little bit late, but is anyone planning on going to the US Classic/Challenge well now its called the Covergirl Classic and Challenge. Anyways, I'm competing in the Jr. Classic in a couple of hours. Really excited about that :D

As far as the big names go Corrie won't be competing because she tore her achilles tendon just a few days ago.

Nastia is competing a beam routine very similar to the one in the Olympics. The only differences are that she added a full turn after the leg up full turn and took out the wolf full connected to the onodi which got replaced by a sheep jump.

Sam is doing yuchenko timers but isn't competing vault. Still not sure if I like her new floor routine. The music isn't the greatest.

Rebecca injured herself doing a Patterson dismount. She was icing it last night, but I don't what happened in great detail, sorry about that. She just keeps getting hurt!

Ivana seems like a different person now that she is at WOGA. I have to go eat lunch now so not really anytime to elaborate on that one but if you aren't going remember that there is live streaming here starting at 8 pm eastern.

Ok just a quick check in before we go out for dinner and go to watch the senior competition. I qualified for Championships along with 24 other girls. :D:D:D There were I think 45 of us in the junior classic divison and 25 qualified for championships. Kyla Ross got 1st AA with a 57.0 and her routines were amazing. She actually won by a whopping 1.5!!! My AA was about a point more than what I needed to qualify for championships. And I was just really happy to hit 4 for 4. My scores were mainly towards the middle except for on vault where I made the top ten which was so awesome.

The senior competition should be good tonight.

Thanks!!! We're at a cafe that has wifi so I can fill you all in before the competition.

Nastia isn't looking so hot on beam. Her series looks beautiful, every time hits it without a bobble. As for the rest of her routine she keeps falling on her onodi and the switch ring leap. Her form has also gotten a little worse. She was training bars and her dismount looks better than ever (same from Olympics). Some parts need a bit of cleaning up but everybody is just happy to see her training again.

Sam is competing vault and beam. She has a shoulder injury that needs surgery so she is waiting until after worlds. Her floor routine has beautiful choreography but as TwistersGymnast said it has this vocal in it halfway through that is really weird. Not liking that vocal.

Jana is all over the place. Her floor music is terrible. And on her dismount on beam, double front, she falls nearly every time or lands in a really low squat. Everything else of hers is just ok. She just doesn't stand out to me anymore.

The Caquatto sisters both look awesome especially on bars.

And for Ivana everyone loves her floor routine, but the tumbling needs some work. Beam is beautiful. Bars has improved so much, the tkatchev is still low and the dismount (double layout) may not be the best choice for her, but the rest of her routine definately makes up for it. I think her moving to WOGA was a giant sucess!

Great job and good luck in the finals! We were going to go since we only live an hour away, but had other obligations. I will definetely be watching it in about an hour though.

Does anyone know if they are goig to post the results for the Hopes/Challange Competition? Two girls from our gym competed and I'd like to see how they did.

Can I ask what your name is, gym4life? I'm just wondering if I've seen you anywhere on YouTube!:D It's no problem if you don't want to say, or you can PM me. ;)

Can I ask what your name is, gym4life? I'm just wondering if I've seen you anywhere on YouTube!:D It's no problem if you don't want to say, or you can PM me. ;)

As of now, my parents aren't posting my videos on youtube. I think next season we will start posting them and there are going to let me get a website with gym-style and that is when they said it would be ok to give my name out. I don't think there are any videos of me on youtube but I don't know I could be wrong.

And for the challenge results I'm not sure where to find them. I would love to see how some of the younger girls did Maybe try the usa gymnastics website. They have optionals today, so good luck to anyone who is competing of knows someone competing

Thanks for all the support! :)

Well, a huge congrats to you. Going to the national championship is a huge accomplishment!!! You should be incredibly proud of yourself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back