G

GymnasticsFan

Way to go!

TOTAL Vault Bars Beam Floor
LIUKIN Nastia 63.325 15.025 16.65 16.125 15.525

JOHNSON Shawn 62.725 15.875 15.275 16.05 15.525

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go Nastia and Shawn :)
I am so happy that Nastia got the gold :) She is my favorite but I love them both:)
Way to go girls!!!!!!!!!

Good job girls!!!! I had tears in my eyes during the medal ceremony!! I am so happy for Nastia--she is my favorite and somewhat of the underdog going in. Shawn did great too! But the "underdog" always has the advantage because the pressure isn't on them as much. Go USA!!!

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can burn the NBC online replay to a disc? Thanks to the horrible start time, my gymmie did not get to see it. She has to be up at 6am for daycare. I was hoping to get it to a disc that she can use with our portable DVD player. We switch back to cable next week with a DVR, so I could not record it tonight.

Thanks,

Barb

PS If someone did get it to a disc could you burn me a copy and mail it to me? If so PM me. I will cover postage. Thanks a ton.

Last edited:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!

I have gymnastics camp in the morning! I shouldn't be up at 12:30!!!

Yay Nastia and Shawn!!!

I am so thrilled for both girls. I was rooting for Nastia but also like Shawn. I was thrilled she got silver. It was gut wrenching for me. the scores seemed so weird for a while there it seemed so off. Then they pulled through! Awesome. Yea USA!

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can burn the NBC online replay to a disc? Thanks to the horrible start time, my gymmie did not get to see it. She has to be up at 6am for daycare. I was hoping to get it to a disc that she can use with our portable DVD player. We switch back to cable next week with a DVR, so I could not record it tonight.

Thanks,

Barb

PS If someone did get it to a disc could you burn me a copy and mail it to me? If so PM me. I will cover postage. Thanks a ton.

Oh no! I know how much she would love to see Nastia win! I'm sorry she missed it :( Hopefully she can enjoy some of the interviews, etc that will surely come after this. I haven't tried the NBC online system much but I just opened it up and it looked like I could download the video to Realplayer on my computer and I guess you could burn it from there.

Congrates to Nastia and Shawn,of course also congrates to the USA womens and mens team.
Dd is mad at me,did not wake her when it was on.

I am so glad Nastia got the gold and not Shawn, she simply does not have all the qualities that make a good gymnast. Although I do think that they were both ridiculously overscored on beam, and I thought alot of others were very very underscored on floor - Anna Pavlova for example, she got 15.05 out of 15.9 and her floor was absolutley beautiful!!

Im glad the new code is rumoured to only allow gymnasts three tumbling passes, it will force gymnasts like Shawn to work on their artistry and flexibility - which are very lacking in some gymnasts today.

Im glad Nastia won, she has everything a good gymnast needs, power, grace and good flexibility. If Shawn won, I don't like what it would portray - that all gymnasts need is power, and no flexibility or dance qualities, and although I do like Shawn Johnsons power, I really don't think she would have deserved the gold.

Go Nastia!!! And Shawn too!
They were MAGNIFICENT!!! I cried too lol.

I was so impressed by Shawn- she must have thought (deep down if you excuse the cheesiness) that she would have won but she went straight over to Nastia and hugged her and there was no bad feeling at all!

GO USA!!!!

dd7 has camp today too so i didnt let her stay up - but i did get her up early and she is watching it on tivo now - she has no clue who wins - gotta love some tivo!

I agree LasswadeCoach. I was also routing for Nastia. She is the "total package". Her floor routine is absolutely amazing and beautiful and really shows off all of her strengths--power, grace, flexibility and artistry. I like Shawn, but I feel like there is so much more to being a gymnast than just power and "big tricks".

Nastia reminds me of Svetlana Boguinskaya (one of my fav's) with her statuesque build and grace, elegance and power.

WAY TO GO USA GIRLS! I am a Shawn fan but when I seen Nastia's vault I new it was her night to shine .Very proud of them both my dd did not see yet but she will tonight her papa has got tivo.She is a Shawn fan to but she will be happy.

Great Job by both girls - even with some crazy scoring going on !!

I must go against the grain here and say that I was cheering for Shawn. It is not that I do not like Nastia, she is very graceful and her gymnastics are beautiful. I love the power and the steadiness of Shawn - she is like a rock on that beam.

I think that Shawn sets a wonderful example for our little gymmies - you can have a life and fulfill your dreams. She goes to a normal high school, prom etc. She trains less hours and is one of the best gymnasts in the world. And most of all - she appears to LOVE what she is doing. And isn't that the point for our gymmies.

Nastia just does not seem happy (except well, last night.) Last night was one of the first times I recall seeing her smile - It seems to me (and I could be WAY off base that there was a great deal of pressure from her father that anything other than gold was a failure. that has got to be a hard thing for a teenager (on anyone for that matter) to carry around.

Again - beautiful gymnast and deserving of the gold medal last night.

I'm definitely a Shawn fan - but agree that it is good that Nastia was rewarded for her artistry - she did so awesome. So did Shawn - it was that grace that made the difference (and the start value on bars). Good thing is Shawn is still young - she can have a go at it again in 4 years - Nastia probably not - so I am really happy for her. That was just such an awesome competition last night.

Oh no! I know how much she would love to see Nastia win! I'm sorry she missed it :( Hopefully she can enjoy some of the interviews, etc that will surely come after this. I haven't tried the NBC online system much but I just opened it up and it looked like I could download the video to Realplayer on my computer and I guess you could burn it from there.

To see the replay on NBCOlympics.com just enter any zip code that comcast cable serves, and then select comcast. For CST you can use 77072 and then ComCast.

The videos there are streaming SilverLight, and they do not even write the the temo internet files on the PC, however you can use a screencapture program like Camtasia Studio by Techsmith to record it. Unfortunately it will not capture the sound though.

And yes :) almost 15 years working in IT...

All that being said, I caqnnot for the life of me figure out how to use the Chat thing on this site, I can read it, but I fail to see where to post a message.

Replay

NBC said this morning that they would be replaying some of the routines tonight around the 8:00 pm EST hour. Hopefully some that missed it will get to see. Although my 10 year old stayed awake, I'm sure she'll want to watch again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back