US Leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What did you think of them? I've only seen online videos and of the US women, but I really do not like the leotards. Is it normal for a country to not use the colors of the flag on their leotards? I hated the stones on the shoulders!

I prefer when the girls wear either the bright red or white. I remember the leo the Mag 7 wore, the white with the US flag at the top. And in 91' (holy cow am I dating myself...lol) they had lovely plain white and red leos and just looked fantastic in them.

This hot pink, purple stuff they have chosen to wear in recent years in the AA or event finals drive me nuts. The team competition leos were much more appropriate in my mind. I get that it is the AA and it's an individual competition at that point, but you are still representing the United States and I would think Adidas/GK could design individualized leos in the correct colors.

THe problem with using a countries colours for the leos, means there will be a whole lot of teams in red, white and blue, as there are way more countries than the USA with those colours in their flags!

I like what England does with their leos, DIfferent colours, but their actual flag is incorporated into the design,

I wasn't in love with any of the USA leos.

Today's leo might have looked better in a bright royal blue. I thought the color today looked like lipstick. Overall, the US leo's were better than most meets. I do like the flag on the English leos. There have been some really good andabsolutely horrible leo's at this worlds.

I liked the teal leo the Canadian girl was wearing but my favourite was the plain white team leo the Roumanians wore

I haven't seen a lot of the video yet from the meet, but during the Visa Championships we were all commenting at home about how ugly the leos were.

I loved the red leo the US girls wore in qualifications. Simple, unique, and looked flattering on everyone.

I haven't seen the USA leotards but agree they should be red white and blue because those are the colours. But, Just because a country has the colours on the flag doesn't mean thats their colours e.g. australia's colours are green and gold but flag is blue white and red

the reason there is so much Red White and Blue is a hangover from our colonial past - spreading the union flag far and wide, but as gymgurl says country colours can vary - Wales is green and red, Scotland is blue and white, New Zealand all Blacks etc - uh oh, feel a rugby rant comming on ..........:rolleyes:

^^^Why? because you are already out of the final?

Gymgurl if you were watching the competition you would think Australia has pink, neon orange and purple for colours.

^^^Pineapple_lump, only watched world team today, and was quite surprised to see the orange and pink! Not too happy with it but they weren't the ugliest things i have ever seen. I really liked the USA team final leotards with the red white and blue and i LOVED the russian leotards

I was a big fan of the USA's team final leotards.
I was not a fan of the leotards that they wore for the All-around. The hot pink with the black stripe down the side. It looked alright when they were just standing there...but when they did skills and the full black stripe showed it was a bit weird.
And I did not like the red one they wore in qualifications, the stripe of rhinestones in the middle is a big weird.

But I do like how they wear the pink stuff, if you follow them on twitter they were all really excited to wear the hot pink leotards. I mean if a little thing like the color of the leotard gets they excited then let 'em wear it!! Loved the pink leos of Bejing.

I don't have a problem with them wearing the pink leos during podium training. Now if they wore them during the real competition i would have a problem. I wasn't a fan of the red rhinestone one, like someone said above it would habe looked better in a navy blue. The one they wore during team finals was ok but not amazing.

Bog, in the aa finals GBR Hannah Whalen wore a beautiful navy blue leo with sparkles with the flag on the back. I loved it! It was simple classy and beautiful.

its the british teaam leo, Beth wore it in the floor final too, looks lovely - a nice deep blue

uk.jpg

Leo4-1.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back