Country
USA

• Floor exercise: Yoder, Van Wicklen, Moldauer, Mikulak
    Pommel horse: Modi, Moldauer, Yoder, Mikulak,
    Still rings: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Vault: Modi, Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Mikulak,
    Parallel bars: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Horizontal bar: Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Modi, Mikulak,

Van Wicklen on floor was a bit of a shock to me, but I assume it is due to Modi's injury, whatever that may be.

Thoughts?

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

raenndrops

Coach
Former Gymnast
Proud Relative
Oct 24, 2009
The 'Wood, Ohio
Country
USA
Don't know about VanWicklen, but I am happy to see Yoder on 4/6!
He is the only one I have seen live and I really liked it :)

Aero

Coach
Fan
Jan 1, 2014
Michigan, Region 5
Country
USA

• Floor exercise: Yoder, Van Wicklen, Moldauer, Mikulak
    Pommel horse: Modi, Moldauer, Yoder, Mikulak,
    Still rings: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Vault: Modi, Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Mikulak,
    Parallel bars: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Horizontal bar: Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Modi, Mikulak,
Van Wicklen on floor was a bit of a shock to me, but I assume it is due to Modi's injury, whatever that may be.

Thoughts?
I was surprised at this as well. Everything else makes sense to me, but I think Akash's floor set is definitely better than Colin's. Strange how Akash can vault with his injury, but not compete floor, right? Either way, I'm just glad Akash finally gets to compete at Worlds!!!

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Jul 19, 2011
Region 9
Country
USA
I was surprised at this as well. Everything else makes sense to me, but I think Akash's floor set is definitely better than Colin's. Strange how Akash can vault with his injury, but not compete floor, right? Either way, I'm just glad Akash finally gets to compete at Worlds!!!
Me too!

I am guessing vault is a one-time punch and land, whereas floor is repeated. And since he twists a lot, that isn't good for the ankle. His podium training was not good on floor at all :(

Aero

Coach
Fan
Jan 1, 2014
Michigan, Region 5
Country
USA
Me too!

I am guessing vault is a one-time punch and land, whereas floor is repeated. And since he twists a lot, that isn't good for the ankle. His podium training was not good on floor at all :(
That's a good point, and probably the reason why he's staying away from tumbling; floor is a lot of impacts, while vault is a one-and-done. However, there is a lot more force involved in a vault than any one tumbling pass. I hope he doesn't injure himself further while competing.

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Jul 19, 2011
Region 9
Country
USA
That's a good point, and probably the reason why he's staying away from tumbling; floor is a lot of impacts, while vault is a one-and-done. However, there is a lot more force involved in a vault than any one tumbling pass. I hope he doesn't injure himself further while competing.
I was just thinking that. I did notice that in his floor during podium training, it got worse as he went on. So maybe it feels worse as time goes on. So hope he gets to compete all the other events!!

profmom

Proud Parent
Nov 18, 2011
Region 7
Country
USA
Oh dear. Good Sam showed up today. And Kenzo's right up there even with a few hiccups. I grew up as a hardcore Cleveland Browns fan, you know.

Reactions: Aero and raenndrops
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!