US Men's team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, we got to go down and watch today. It was very cool...very intimate, small, and just incredible. We were so close we were in the chalk cloud on pbars!

The team shook out how we predicted. We could not come up with the 5th spot, but Collin makes sense. He really is the only shot at a vault medal, and the other 4 can handle the other events just fine.

What is the format?

Alright, Skschlag, this wasn't easy, but I found a file on FIG's site for worlds that confirms that the format for prelims is 4 up, 3 count, and for finals, it's 3 up, 3 count.

Clearly Yul and Sam do AA in prelims.

For floor, I think you want Akash and Collin. Obviously Alec does horse and Collin joins him. Collin vaults with Akash. Akash does pbars, maybe Alec as well? And high bar we all hide and watch through our fingers. Like we used to do for horse.

LOL. I would not put Collin up on horse. Not his thing at all.

For the 4 up: Sam, yul on everything. Akash for sure on floor and then either Collin/Alec, Alec/Akash on Pommel, Alec/Collin on rings, Akash/Collin on vault, Akash/Alec on pbars (although Collin could contribute here if needed) and I think Alec/Akash on HB although again, Collin could be a contributer.

For the 3 up...that could give sam and yul a rest going into AA/event finals, unless we are in striking distance of bronze and an Olympic berth. That is a long shot though...

It will be interesting. HB will be the scariest for sure.

Alright, Skschlag, this wasn't easy, but I found a file on FIG's site for worlds that confirms that the format for prelims is 4 up, 3 count, and for finals, it's 3 up, 3 count.

Clearly Yul and Sam do AA in prelims.

For floor, I think you want Akash and Collin. Obviously Alec does horse and Collin joins him. Collin vaults with Akash. Akash does pbars, maybe Alec as well? And high bar we all hide and watch through our fingers. Like we used to do for horse.
Agree about high bar. Rings also seems to be a toss up. Thought Trevor might get the nod for the team instead just for that. The US could easily end up with three 13's in team final here too, even with no major mistakes.

I agree. Rings is weak as well. Alec, Yul, and Sam CAN put up a +14, but not consistently.

Agree about high bar. Rings also seems to be a toss up. Thought Trevor might get the nod for the team instead just for that. The US could easily end up with three 13's in team final here too, even with no major mistakes.

Yeah, I know. If only there were someone, some gymnast somewhere in America, who could have put up a big rings score. But yeah, there's no one out there like that, you know, who wasn't petitioned on to the national team, right?

Yeah, I know. If only there were someone, some gymnast somewhere in America, who could have put up a big rings score. But yeah, there's no one out there like that, you know, who wasn't petitioned on to the national team, right?
Preach. You mean like someone who put up a watered down, mid 14 routine, while still recovering, two months before worlds? Someone who wasn't even allowed to show what they can do now at this meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back