US WAG live now Pan Am games

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pena really 15.1 for that vault? She could kill herself one day.That is not a landing.

Yeah... Her coaches have lost their minds. I have zero respect for any coach that allows their athlete to get out and perform a skill that lands consistently in a manner that could snap both of her legs on Any given "good" landing.

And the judges should be ashamed of themselves for "rewarding" it. Completely ridiculous all the way around.

Oooo...send me a video of this vault...I want to see it now.

I *think* that streaming will be available for the later sessions on ESPN3. We don't have cable, and DD has been dying to watch, so I am hoping that she can at least see some of it.

I hope they will stream the third session! I watched the men yesterday -- great day by the US guys.

Pena . . . the worst was seeing her coaches celebrating like crazy after that vault. She's not going to stop until she masters it or kills or very badly injures herself.

I am not sure how to take video, but if you watch the replay on the watch ESPN app, it is at like 1:07:30 or so. You can also see her crash her warm up in the background at about 58:30...

For non Canuck folk you can use an IP blocker to watch. I use Hola extension on chrome to watch US based stuff. Works like a charm.

Sad how happy Pena is with that vault. She has no business doing that. The judges are a disgrace. Her butt clearly is on the ground with her feet. It is a fall at the very least. But to me it is a void.

I hope they will stream the third session! I watched the men yesterday -- great day by the US guys.

Pena . . . the worst was seeing her coaches celebrating like crazy after that vault. She's not going to stop until she masters it or kills or very badly injures herself.

Question, for those of us who know nothing technical about this at all. I watched the video, and although she clearly doesn't land it well, it doesn't look dangerous (her execution) to the untrained eye. What about her landing could snap her legs or kill her? I am not being sarcastic, I genuine want to understand this stuff better.

Question, for those of us who know nothing technical about this at all. I watched the video, and although she clearly doesn't land it well, it doesn't look dangerous (her execution) to the untrained eye. What about her landing could snap her legs or kill her? I am not being sarcastic, I genuine want to understand this stuff better.

She has been doing this vault for years. This is the best she has EVER landed it in competition. That deep squat with the forces involved in a vault like that is terrible for her knees. Her face lashes forwArd toward her knees... And well, I have seen kids break bones with less impact than that.

Again, this is the best I have ever seen her land this vault. The other attempts I have seen are horrifying.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back