Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

USA junior team at Gymnix

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
So excited that the USA is sending a junior team to Gymnix. First time in years that they have done this.

Jordan Chiles
Gabby Perea
Deanne Soza
Maille O'Keefe

Russia, Romania, Great Britain, Japan, France and Belgium are also sending full teams. Should be a great meet.

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Historically the names we see at the meet have been seen at worlds and the O's in future years.

Last edited:

GymmieC

Proud Parent
Dec 26, 2012
Where did you get the list Bog? Great for all girls, but we personally know one and are very happy for her!

Reactions: txgymfan

Iwannabemargo

Numpty Watcher
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 28, 2011
UK
Country
United Kingdom
oooh Latalia Bevan is in again, she competed for Wales a couple of years ago when we sent separate teams

vbdb

Proud Parent
Oct 7, 2015
Country
Canada
We have two athletes from our gym on the Canadian Junior team this year. Does anyone know if it will be live-streamed?

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
I doubt it, they have not previously and I did not notice it on their website. A shame as it is a podium meet.

Reactions: GymmieC

cadybearsmommy

Proud Parent
Dec 31, 2010
Region 8
Country
USA
Will be nice to see some fresh faces competing at a big event like this! The top 3 juniors that won at nationals have aged up already haven't they?

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Does this mean these girls are on the junior national team then or how does that work?
They are not currently named as such, thought they may have been added to the nat team at the Dev Cam they just attended.

Reactions: CameraShy

CameraShy

Proud Parent
Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
They are not currently named as such, thought they may have been added to the nat team at the Dev Cam they just attended.
I thought they were going to be named at this upcoming camp in a week so that's why I ask. I know one of the girls on the list and was told this by her mother but with this info coming out, I didn't know if that was their way of unofficially announcing. If anything, it's a good sign that it may happen!

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
I thought they were going to be named at this upcoming camp in a week so that's why I ask. I know one of the girls on the list and was told this by her mother but with this info coming out, I didn't know if that was their way of unofficially announcing. If anything, it's a good sign that it may happen!

This is often the way that girls get moved up. Very exciting regardless.

They will love the experience. Montreal is a great city, the meet is on a podium and it is always a sold out event, so lots of fun. We are a very friendly crowd. Lovely start to international meets.

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada

bogwoppit

Former Admin
Coach
Proud Relative
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Judge
Club Owner
Fan
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
I would be stunned if any of the 4 named US girls go to Rio....I'm not diminishing their talent but it seems like we are top heavy even without them...

Not for Rio, they are too young for that. In the past we have seen girls that are a younger juniors. These are 2001 and 2002 girls.

I think my missing "s" off the word year was unfortunately confusing. LOL

chalkbowl

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Judge
Nov 16, 2006
Country
USA
Too bad it's the same weekend as American Cup...would love to attend :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.