USA Men's team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
sooo..what do we think the line up will be? Or did I miss an announcement LOL!

I think they'll decide after podium training. Here are my predictions!

FX: Whittenburg Ruggeri Leyva Naddour Kimble
PH: Whittenburg Naddour Leyva Kimble and . . . oh heck, I don't know
SR: Whittenburg Wynn Kimble Naddour Ruggeri
VT: Whittenburg Ruggeri Naddour Kimble Wynn
PB: Whittenburg Ruggeri Naddour Leyva and . . . ?
HB: Whittenburg Ruggeri Leyva Kimble and . . . ?

I really don't like leaving Chris Brooks as the alternate, but I think that's what they will do. They need the insurance on PH and Kimble is the man. Unless they figure Brooks nets them more than Wynn and they make Wynn the alternate?? I see Naddour as a likely second AAer. I'd love for it to be Brooks, but pommel horse. This team is definitely going to miss Sam and Jake Dalton, but I hope it gives a few of these guys a real chance to shine.

Yes, I have Ruggeri competing a lot of events. :)

What do you think? Who competes AA? And what do they do about pommel horse??

I have a definite bias towards Brooks...love him! ANd his HB would be great to have. I think it will boil down to what pommel looks like at pt. Ruggeri could well be that extra person and go for AA? If Brooks doesn't compete :)( ) then that would be my guess. Or Wynn has to do more than one event.

I am so happy for him. Seems like he has always been an alternate. And I do think this is one of his last opportunities. YAY for Chris. Marvin will most likely be in Rio next year...

Paul Ruggeri and Chris Brooks competing at the same Worlds -- I don't think my heart can take it!

..because they are... a risk?
.. underdogs?
.. really attractive ?
..?

lol, just curious what is threatening your heart condition! :D

They have both been working SO hard for SO long but neither has been at many really big and visible meets outside the US. They've both been alternates but Ruggeri's never been on a Worlds team and I think Brooks only once.

I agree. I am so excited for them both to get this chance. They deserve it! I am so much more excited than I already was!!

Watching podium training and, yikes, that pommell rotation was brutal! Seems like the team is REALLY going to miss Sam's execution on this event, and with Marvin the alternate, which three will go in team final?!

Watching podium training and, yikes, that pommell rotation was brutal! Seems like the team is REALLY going to miss Sam's execution on this event, and with Marvin the alternate, which three will go in team final?!

This is what scares me about the team. Whittenburg is competing AA and you have Naddour of course. I guess we hope and pray that Leyva hits!

Hopefully the "bad practice, good meet" saying holds true. I know these guys can do it, but they are so inconsistent.

From USAG --

Qualification round line-up
Still rings: Leyva, Brooks, Naddour, Whittenburg, Wynn
Vault: Leyva, Brooks, Ruggeri, Naddour, Whittenburg
Parallel bars: Ruggeri, Wynn, Brooks, Whittenburg, Leyva
Horizontal bar: Wynn, Ruggeri, Whittenburg, Brooks, Leyva
Floor exercise: Naddour, Brooks, Ruggeri, Leyva, Whittenburg
Pommel horse: Ruggeri, Brooks, Leyva, Whittenburg, Naddour
*Both Ruggeri and Whittenburg are competing two vaults.

So Brooks and Leyva are competing AA -- and the US will be counting either Brooks' or Ruggeri's PH score.

and Whittenburg is doing AA too.

I question Leyva...he is just so inconsistent. I wish Paul would be doing AA. I have to say, the boys are going to have to step up and show what they can do. This is not our strongest lineup.

And if Brooks hits PH, it is great...but hitting has been the issue.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back