WAG USA team PAC Rims

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Looks like a pretty strong team headed to PAC Rims. Anyone else watch the vids and have observations? Watching the verification videos, was very impressed with the juniors, Lee, Dicello and especially Bowers. Where did that kid come from!? Looks strong on all events and love that it looks like she wore her Nebraska state Regionals leo! Was also very impressed with junior Jafree Scott - amazing flexibility, power AND can swing!? Would imagine she was next on the list.

Unrelated comment - the best gymnastics team in the world, at a qualifying event for an international competition, has to start their vault runs from a stack of panel mats piled in a pit with a peice of carpet bonded foam taped to the top? I know it's a nitpicky, ridiculous observation in light of everything, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

https://www.facebook.com/USAGymnastics/posts/10154664610347168
https://www.facebook.com/USAGymnastics/posts/10154664527662168

I was wondering what happened to Jade Carey? I thought she was going to be at verification- since she was on the nominative list for PAC Rims?!

After our extensive leotard discussions, I noticed that they all wore pretty, blinged out, sleeveless leotards. I’ll probably watch videos today. Unrelated but theref are videos of Simone training and she looks amazing!

After our extensive leotard discussions, I noticed that they all wore pretty, blinged out, sleeveless leotards. I’ll probably watch videos today. Unrelated but theref are videos of Simone training and she looks amazing!
They were all wearing their own personal or JO team tank leotards(spotted ENA and GAGE for sure). And Jordan Bowers was in her Nebraska state leo that I assume is from Regionals.

Unrelated comment - the best gymnastics team in the world, at a qualifying event for an international competition, has to start their vault runs from a stack of panel mats piled in a pit with a peice of carpet bonded foam taped to the top? I know it's a nitpicky, ridiculous observation in light of everything, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

https://www.facebook.com/USAGymnastics/posts/10154664610347168
https://www.facebook.com/USAGymnastics/posts/10154664527662168

Ran out of time to edit but this is what i was trying to say
Don't quite understand what you are referring to regarding the vault runway as the gym has three full vault runways. The two that start at the pit end are not on top of the pit but start on the edge of the pit.

Reactions: sce
Don't quite understand what you are referring to regarding the vault runway as the gym has three full vault runways. The two that start at the pit end are not on top of the pit but start on the edge of the pit.
This video shows what the prior commented is talking about. It does honestly look kinda janky. Are their runways not long enough?

The one that goes to the soft vault landing clearly isn't FIG regulations length, that is why they had to "extend" it into the pit.

I'm surprised that they were allowed to extend the runway into the foam pit, surely that can't be very comfortable? A decent execution none the less.

I'm surprised that they were allowed to extend the runway into the foam pit, surely that can't be very comfortable? A decent execution none the less.
They did not start from the foam pit.
The red runway starts at the edge of the foam pit. See the basket to the left of the runway which is clearly not on the foam but further back than the start of the vault run.
The mats you see stacked on the foam is used for training from the tramp on the far side of the foam pit.
Also they have three vaults so why would they chose to do something like that when the gray one is way longer than regulation.
By the way. I was a spectator at the meet.

They did not start from the foam pit.
The red runway starts at the edge of the foam pit. See the basket to the left of the runway which is clearly not on the foam but further back than the start of the vault run.
The mats you see stacked on the foam is used for training from the tramp on the far side of the foam pit.
Also they have three vaults so why would they chose to do something like that when the gray one is way longer than regulation.
By the way. I was a spectator at the meet.
Many of the girls chose to use the vault with the soft surface landing under the competition landing mat(which they are allowed to use for all verification meets), which is the one with the red runway. This is the one that is not long enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 29
Many of the girls chose to use the vault with the soft surface landing under the competition landing mat(which they are allowed to use for all verification meets), which is the one with the red runway. This is the one that is not long enough.
How long is their red runway? She seems to be the only one to start off the runway

It's hard to see with the other girl in the way, but Jordan starts on the mats, too, though not as far back as Margzetta. (And there were a few girls that didn't allow their verification videos to be shown, so we can't see those) You can see in the videos that the grey runway that goes to the other landing surface is longer, the vault is further away than the red runway vault from the pit. FIG and JO 8/9/10 vault max's are almost identical - 25 meters and 82 feet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News