WAG USAG 2013-2020 Compulsory Page

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks for posting. Will be interesting to see what happens with new 6. I am guessing a lot of gyms will compete 5 and 6 in the same year (fall, spring). I think some will skip either 5 (score out) or 6 all together. But I do think the new 6 will be a great transition for those who need a little more time to polish the 7+ skills, rather than pushing them forward to a level they are not completely ready for in all events.

Am I reading this wrong, or does this not indicate a current 6 could go to either new 6 OR new 7? It looks like you have to currently be a 7 to compete 7 next year...??

And on one slide is says: "During this year only - you may enter your athletes up or down a level"

What does that mean?

I guess for this year only, gymnasts that are (for example) L6 could go directly to L7???

The slide show I linked to was actually presented at congress last year...so that Nov/Dec Technique info is more current. That being said I think the chart on the slide show is just a bit deceiving It says a current 6 could go either New level 5 OR New level 6...but remember new level 6 is not required. I think that's where the loophole of current level 6s being able to go New Level 5, New Level 6, or New level 7 comes in. Hope that made sense....

As far as "During this year only - you may enter your athletes up or down a level" being concerned...a current level 5 can either compete New Level 4 (moving "down") or New Level 5 (moving "up"). After this year new level 4s can either stay level 4 or move up to level 5...they can't go down to level 3.

Hoping current 6s can go to new 7, as we had thought was a possibility....DD's coach has said that's the plan for her if she can get her giants.

Same for us... HC has been saying she wants the current level 7's to compete 8 next year. Though I'm sure it won't matter a whole lot if they need to do one or more meets at "new 7" either...

Current 6's should be able to go to new 7 as the new 6 clearly states that it is not a required level, so I am guessing as long as they meet the mobility score they can go to new 6 or new 7.

That was our plan as well....go straight to L7. Our L6's are close to having giants already so by fall there should be no issue. But if they have to do one L6 meet, I guess it is okay. Seems like the language is a bit confusing, but since new L6 is seemingly optional, I hope there is no issue to go straight to L7 from current L6.

I'm very intrigued by the video for new level 4 dance. They are all jumping in fifth/fourth position instead of legs together. Is that how they are going to want to require the jump in the actual routine? This will be fun reteaching all my girls how to do a straight jump

I'm very intrigued by the video for new level 4 dance. They are all jumping in fifth/fourth position instead of legs together. Is that how they are going to want to require the jump in the actual routine? This will be fun reteaching all my girls how to do a straight jump

Where did you find this video? I'm looking but don't see it.

At congress they mentioned there was going to be more emphasis on turnout...so I wouldn't be surprised.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back