WAG USAG rule for level placement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twisting007bigflip

Coach
Proud Parent
What is the USAG rule for when a kid starts competing? If I have a second year level 8 that moves from our AAU & non sanctioned gym to a USA gym, is the athlete made to start in compulsories? Or can they petition into their current level?

And if they are made to start in compulsories, can they compete in several sessions at the same meet to get scores and just get them all at once?

she will have to compete level 6 in 1 meet to get the qualifying/mobility score to compete USAG level 8.

If the gymnast is 14 and in high school, you can petition them into L7. They would have to compete 1 meet at L7 and score the mobility score to move to L8.
If they are younger, you could still try to petition them in... It would help to have Video of their skills (and actual competition routines would be great too)... and also submit their scores from the AAU / non-sanctioned meets, just so they could see that they have competition experience.

IF they do have to compete L4 and L5 to get into Optionals, YES, you can have them compete in Multiple sessions of the same meet (as long as the L4 session is before the L5 session and L5 is before L7). L6 is not required, so an L8 could easily score out of L4, L5, and L7 in one meet.

every state is different. board approved. i assumed the girl was a least middle school. maybe i assumed wrong.

check with the state director in your state.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back