Parents Using gym PT?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

And I wouldn't believe that because they are affiliated with the gym , you won't be charged ....way back at our original gym in 2008 , the coach wanted everyone who needed PT to "just go upstairs to the PT here , it's convenient, and no charge" .... my girls basically stuck their foot in an ice bucket a few times and since 2019, when that gym changed hands, we have been getting "bills for medical treatment" by this PT who was not supposed to be charging for anything because it was part of the gym ....buyer beware , don't PT where you train .

And I wouldn't believe that because they are affiliated with the gym , you won't be charged ....way back at our original gym in 2008 , the coach wanted everyone who needed PT to "just go upstairs to the PT here , it's convenient, and no charge" .... my girls basically stuck their foot in an ice bucket a few times and since 2019, when that gym changed hands, we have been getting "bills for medical treatment" by this PT who was not supposed to be charging for anything because it was part of the gym ....buyer beware , don't PT where you train .
We never paid anything.Handful of visits, never paid a penny.

It doesn't matter if the PT was "volunteering" or not. If she was acting in her role as a licensed PT, she should meet the same standard of care as she would for any patient under her care, including documentation of clinical care and releasing those records when requested. And if she was willing to read notes to you over the phone, there is (or was) some documentation (which a lawyer might be able to legally compel her to produce).
I'm thinking of going that route. I wouldn't have known that is how it was set up if her actual PT hadn't asked decided on complete records. It is the principle.

And we got no “medical treatments” so we’re not paying for any of their baloney 11 years later .
[/QUOTE

Weird. We actually did have full hour appointments and were given home excercise as well. They just won't give me the records.

Send them a notorized letter requesting the records in the form of certified mail(requires their signature and/or their refusal to sign) as their final warning. That lets them know you are serious and you are creating a paper trail that can and will be used against them. Many times that is enough to compel them to comply with your request. HIPAA grants you the legal right to your own(or your minor child's) medical records, upon request, within 30 days of the request.

Google HIPAA request for medical records sample letters.

Send them a notorized letter requesting the records in the form of certified mail(requires their signature and/or their refusal to sign) as their final warning. That lets them know you are serious and you are creating a paper trail that can and will be used against them. Many times that is enough to compel them to comply with your request. HIPAA grants you the legal right to your own(or your minor child's) medical records, upon request, within 30 days of the request.

Google HIPAA request for medical records sample letters.
Good to know,. Can't figure out why OT would themselves at risk for this.

Glad you are no longer there. Please report to USAG safesport. SO much is not okay.
So much about this gym I can report them for. I emailed the HC and owner all reasons why DD left- nightmares of her coach, breaking down in years before practice,head aches and stomach aches, the several examples of verbal and emotional abuse that is exactly outlined by Safesport. ( The big ignore, refused to help her or give her turns then yell at her when she couldn't do it. She did things like take away her ending in front of everyone and DD had to make a new one....and then the coach did it AGAIN and when DD asked ' "Well what am I supposed to do for an ending?" The coach just said " Figure something out" and walked away.The coach would yell at DD and turn around and be helpful to every one else. HC response was really unprofessional and total denial . He insisted she left because she wasn't moved up. Her coach is related to owner..... A gymnast asked if the coach could please stop telling because she had a headache, the coach said " I don't like me kids being disrespectful to me" and made her do conditioning until she almost cried. That girl left that year. It just goes in and on....I'm still finding out about things. Now he has taken to placing himself 3 feet from DD while she gets her tiger paws on.....his team isn't even at that event, they are elsewhere. DD thinks it is funny he thinks he can intimidate her....her coach put herself right next to DD
I never told that coach anything but DD noticed whenever they competed with the old gym her coach shadowed DD. Arg ...so exhausting.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back