Coaches Using Gymnastic Straps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can't watch youtube videos on this computer but I will definitely take a look when I get home. I always love your videos.

Darnit. I just bought 5 of those OpenShoulderTrainers from Tumbl-Trak for a Ben Franklin!

I have seen the use of straps for ring swings but we couldn't find the right size sometime for the gymnast I was going to use them for.

Have you ever tried one of those cross trainers? I have a set and was wondering if working it with the straps felt better or worse? Do the straps slip? Do they rub hard against the skin? They would seem to offer better adjustment than any of the cross trainers out there. Most of the cross trainers feel very awkward when you are on top of them in support.

I prefer to use the straps for cross training as the straps can be highly portable and easy to use. I would recommend putting a wrist band on the forearm as the strap can rub the arm however after years of using them my forearm skin has toughened up quite a bit.

I imbeded the video so you don't have to leave Chalk Bucket to view it...

[YOUTUBE]esGLMgbR4Ig[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks, I decided to leave my cross trainers at home as there was a guy who came into open gym who asked about them. I'm pretty sure we should be able to find the biggest straps and use them.

I'm not at a point that I should even be playing with the trainers right now anyways and it allowed me to not have to carry those things in my pack. Not exactly light.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back