WAG USOC moves to revoke USAG...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know if you are talking about Region 5, but that person appears to be someone to stay far far away from.

Judging by the R5 representative, speaking as someone from the region and someone who’s had multiple concerns about said representative (because of his victim shaming behavior and the fact that he has defended and defended and defended USAG ad nauseam), this new organization should die before it’s even born. There clearly wasn’t any proactive vetting going on here. Just more of the same.

According to the article, their goal was not to position themselves to take over as the NGB. So then what was the purpose of forming the organization? I just have a hard time believing them, especially given who their Region 5 rep is. No thanks!

The Association is the trusted and unifying voice, advocate, and partner for owners of gymnastics clubs located in the United States. Our priority is the safety and well being of all those involved in the sport of gymnastics.
http://usgcoa.org/our-purpose/

I don’t know about the other regions but Jeff Beal is a good guy. I know people that have worked with him and I have seen him at meets with his girls. I have never seen or heard anything bad about him.

Your choice for the region 5 representative undermines that very statement. There are many here that can attest that the athletes’ well being and safety are not a priority for him. The board lacks serious credibility with his membership.

I totally agree with that. Should we start an email campaign to this organization?

I don’t know about the other regions but Jeff Beal is a good guy. I know people that have worked with him and I have seen him at meets with his girls. I have never seen or heard anything bad about him.

As a parent, only the region 5 rep bothers me. The ones I'm familiar with on the board are fine. Googling I'm not coming up with red flags for the others. I am surprised that the board is not concerned about McPherson.

Your choice for the region 5 representative undermines that very statement. There are many here that can attest that the athletes’ well being and safety are not a priority for him. The board lacks serious credibility with his membership.

To be clear, this I cut and pasted from their website in response to a previous poster's question about the purpose. I am not part of this organization, I'm just a parent with a child who loves gymnastics!

To be clear, this I cut and pasted from their website in response to a previous poster's question about the purpose. I am not part of this organization, I'm just a parent with a child who loves gymnastics!

Thanks for clearing that up. It sounded like you were affiliated with them in your post,

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back