Vaccine release in Nov

Vaccine tentative release Nov... yes or no for you and yours

• No, I and my family will not.

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Yes, I and my family will.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Mixed, some in our family will and some will not.

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Freddy's Fred

Proud Relative
Nov 19, 2017
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why trade one unknown for another unknown at this point we know more about COVID side effects than an imagninary Vaccines side effects. I would want to know the efficacy of the vaccine as well, I would risk potential vaccine side effects if it was highly effective against COVID but if its 50% (Which is roughly the current efficacy rate of the flu vaccine that I dont get) I would not risk vaccine side effects for what I consider to be average protection.
You should definitely get the flu vaccine this year and ever year. Even if it's not 100% effective, any level of protection is better than nothing. There's so much disinformation about vaccines. I hate the fact that people have to try and interpret everything for themselves instead of having clear directives and trust in the government. We have zero idea right now on how effective coronavirus vaccine will be. Don't assume the worst. We just don't know.

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

ldw4mlo

Proud Parent
Feb 13, 2015
Country
USA
trust in the government.
My first paying job on health care was In 1982. It’s now 2020.

Very little the government has done has made it better. I have more logs to check off. More competencies to complete (Which don’t make me more competent by the way). Our costs have increased to accomodate regulations.none of it makes testing safer or better

When those in education complain about government getting involved I snicker. Because they dont know the half of it.

yeah no

Reactions: PinPin and M2Abi

raenndrops

Coach
Former Gymnast
Proud Relative
Oct 24, 2009
The 'Wood, Ohio
Country
USA
Is anyone worried about the potential long term health effects of Covid vs the unknown of a vaccine? I have one friend who got sick with Covid in March and has had nonstop clotting problems and autoimmune issues since then. Also super scary to see that 35% of Big10 football players with Covid have myocarditis. What are the long term consequences of that?
The Big 10 study was flawed and the results were cherry picked.

Geoffrey Taucer

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Coach
Former Gymnast
Jan 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Country
USA
(Side note: if you have already decided whether or not you will get a hypothetical vaccine -- either in favor or against -- when the vaccine does not yet exist and thus no data exists and medical experts cannot evaluate either its effectiveness or its safety, you should probably be prepared to reconsider once the vaccine actually, you know, exists)

KSLaura

Coach
Coach
Proud Parent
Dec 30, 2012
Colorado
Country
USA
We’ll likely get it, though with some research first. I’d like to see peer-reviewed studies and statistics based off hard numbers.

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
(Side note: if you have already decided whether or not you will get a hypothetical vaccine -- either in favor or against -- when the vaccine does not yet exist and thus no data exists and medical experts cannot evaluate either its effectiveness or its safety, you should probably be prepared to reconsider once the vaccine actually, you know, exists)
For those who are saying they don't plan to get the vaccines right away because of concerns regarding safety and effectiveness, I don't see that changing after vaccines are approved. These will not be truly known for several months to years after it is given to millions of people in the general population.

Reactions: M2Abi

Cheryl

Proud Parent
Feb 28, 2018
Country
USA
I’m fine with waiting until it’s proven effective. I am not anti vaccination, but I don’t see the point in doing it unless the risks and rewards have been clinically tested for more than a month. As of now, there are absolutely no known effective vaccines. Once there is a tested vaccine, I would get it, but not on day one.

BritBrat

Proud Parent
Jul 15, 2017
Country
USA
Nope. Not until there's proof that Trump, Melania & their kids receive it first. Then 6 months after to see their side effects.

Madden3

Proud Parent
Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
UK says vaccine planned to be available in October. https://www.business-standard.com/a...lout-of-covid-19-vaccines-120082900361_1.html

Fall is when vaccine for seasonal illness are typically given. COVID is like the flu in how it is spread, so logically, winter will be worse for spread just as it is for flu. Given those facts, aiming for a vaccine to be available at or before the onset of flu season makes sense. Yes, this is fast for a vaccine, I am not denying that. Anything shorter than many years would be fast.

Geoffrey Taucer

Former Admin
Gold Membership
Coach
Former Gymnast
Jan 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Country
USA
Nope. Not until there's proof that Trump, Melania & their kids receive it first. Then 6 months after to see their side effects.
Isn't Trump an anti-vaxxer? (Not positive, but I seem to remember thinking he was)

Either way, measuring whether something is a good idea by whether or not Trump does it is...... probably not the approach I will be taking

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
Isn't Trump an anti-vaxxer? (Not positive, but I seem to remember thinking he was)

Either way, measuring whether something is a good idea by whether or not Trump does it is...... probably not the approach I will be taking
He was/is not anti-vax. He was safer-Vax, though many would argue that falls into the anti-vax movement b/c you are essentially saying you don't trust the scientists' and doctors' recommendations.

And agreed that we should not be making decisions on this new vaccine based on whether a politician (any politician) gets/recommends the vaccine.

BritBrat

Proud Parent
Jul 15, 2017
Country
USA

Your reply would've made a lot of sense if I'd asked you personally what approached you would take. But I didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: Geoffrey Taucer

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
One trial was paused due to a "mysterious illness" in a volunteer. It'd be nice if they gave us some details on this "illness". But glad they are taking time to investigate. Just why so secretive as to what the symptoms are? https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/health/coronavirus-vaccine-astrazeneca-pause/index.html
They don't know yet if the illness is related to the vaccine so they need to investigate it before putting it out to the public. Also, they may not want study participants to know and develop 'medical-student syndrome'.

M2Abi

Proud Parent
Jan 21, 2016
Country
USA

M2Abi

Proud Parent
Jan 21, 2016
Country
USA
Transverse myelitis is a previously documented vaccine reaction. While no one could ever prove whether or not this specific case was a direct result of the vaccine, it is cause for concern.

Reactions: Dahlia
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!