Vaccine release in Nov

Vaccine tentative release Nov... yes or no for you and yours

• No, I and my family will not.

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Yes, I and my family will.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Mixed, some in our family will and some will not.

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

JessSyd

Proud Parent
Oct 10, 2013
Sydney Australia
Country
Australia
Unless it turns out to be someone in the placebo group, which I am sure is the outcome they are hoping for. It is very serious, so you definitely wouldn’t want to roll out a vaccine until you could be sure it was an extremely rare reaction.

I know two people who had TM. One recovered completely and one was left with significant lifelong disability.

95% of would-be vaccines that get to three fail at that phase. It would be a miracle if one of the first ones to get there turned out to be one of the 5%

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

Dahlia

Proud Parent
Sep 27, 2013
Country
USA
Unless it turns out to be someone in the placebo group, which I am sure is the outcome they are hoping for. It is very serious, so you definitely wouldn’t want to roll out a vaccine until you could be sure it was an extremely rare reaction.

I know two people who had TM. One recovered completely and one was left with significant lifelong disability.

95% of would-be vaccines that get to three fail at that phase. It would be a miracle if one of the first ones to get there turned out to be one of the 5%
I read that it was not in the placebo group (this was said by the same person who leaked that it was TM).

Reactions: zhandy holu

Freddy's Fred

Proud Relative
Nov 19, 2017
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I read that it was not in the placebo group (this was said by the same person who leaked that it was TM).
There would be no way to know if they were in the placebo group at this time.

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
excerpt from the article
"... Soriot also confirmed that the clinical trial was halted once previously in July after a participant experienced neurological symptoms. Upon further examination, that participant was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, deemed to be unrelated to the Covid-19 vaccine treatment, he said. ..."

Would love to know how they could deem that the dx of MS was unrelated to the vaccine treatment. Even if the participant was showing signs of early MS prior to the trial, the trial could have sped the process along - caused a bigger trigger event.

Reactions: M2Abi

Dahlia

Proud Parent
Sep 27, 2013
Country
USA
excerpt from the article
"... Soriot also confirmed that the clinical trial was halted once previously in July after a participant experienced neurological symptoms. Upon further examination, that participant was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, deemed to be unrelated to the Covid-19 vaccine treatment, he said. ..."

Would love to know how they could deem that the dx of MS was unrelated to the vaccine treatment. Even if the participant was showing signs of early MS prior to the trial, the trial could have sped the process along - caused a bigger trigger event.
I had the same thought. They would have been excluded if showing signs (phase 1 and 2 only enrolled healthy adults). It's possible they were placebo, but if not that seems odd.

Reactions: M2Abi

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
I had the same thought. They would have been excluded if showing signs (phase 1 and 2 only enrolled healthy adults). It's possible they were placebo, but if not that seems odd.
true about the placebo group. I hadn't thought of that. And they would have had to halt the study to determine if the person was in the placebo group. Makes sense.

FlippinPrincess

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2016
Country
USA
excerpt from the article

I thought the same thing. Don't you have to have a medical exam to show you're healthy before participating?

ldw4mlo

Proud Parent
Feb 13, 2015
Country
USA
I’m part of the Pfizer/Biontech trial. Getting my second dose (or placebo) next week. I’m a doctor, I trust science and I trust the process. Call me a sheep.
If there was a trial close to me I would of signed up. Thank you

Reactions: PinPin
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!