WAG Vault and Floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not a judge but these are the major errors I saw:

Floor
-front leg low on the switch leap, deductions both for insufficient split and for being unbalanced between front and back legs
-big hop out of the front tumbling pass

Vault (kind of hard to see in the video)
-big arch/head sticking out in the pre-flight phase

Her choreography is really nice on floor and she has a lot of energy throughout the routine. I think this is a great place to be at the beginning of the season! It's also possible that vault and floor were simply scoring low at this meet. In general it's a bit of an exercise in futility to compare scores across meets because they can vary quite a bit, unless there is a big difference between meets that might indicate something like a major error or a skill/connection not being given credit.

I can see myself in the background of your video haha.
Vault you will often see the plain front handsprings scoring better as they are the same start value and way more to deduct when they start to twist. Arch is big on the table and she could get a little more distance.

Floor again she is going to get more deductions just based on that she has an extra tumbling line compared to many girls, but it is good experience and prepares for level 8. Landing out of the front line and getting more height and split in the leaps.

she was really hoping for level 8, but her beam acro and bars just isnt there yet. Looks like another long season at 7. Thanks, I am so happy for a new suit this year, we were all getting tired of looking at last years.

I was at that meet too, and the judging was definitely harsh on floor (in my non-judge opinion). I saw some gorgeous floor routines that ended up scoring mid to high 8s, and then the gymnasts actually placed well with those scores. I didn't see much vault so I'm no help on that... Can I please just say that your Leos really stood out to me as my favourite of the whole weekend, I loved the colour combination!

I had about a 9.1-9.2 on floor.
I think the vault was about a 8.9-9.1

I'm very curious about what she scored. Her floor performance was very nice.

I had about a 9.1-9.2 on floor.
I think the vault was about a 8.9-9.1

I'm very curious about what she scored. Her floor performance was very nice.
9.1 on floor, she usually is closer to the 9.3, and top 4 placement. this time she was 10th,
8.55 for vault and placed 12th. she did L7 last year, and I guess I just expected improvement not decline in scores and placements.

I'm a coach not a judge, but her vault had too much arch and it looked like she hit the table unevenly with her hands.

Her floor routine is beautiful, but looks to me like she needs to work on height.

Good luck with the season, I'm sure she'll do well

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back