Vault and Rebound Proficiency Awards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering if anyone knew what skills are needed to pass silver and gold in the vault and rebound awards. These are for the British Gymnastics advanced proficiency awards. Thanks :)

I've found a gym website where someone has kindly posted them. V+R are at the bottom- they've included all sections.

BGA don't seem to make the award charts widely available. I have a feeling they are in the coaches resources section of the website so you either need to be a paid up member, or purchase the charts separately....

Edited to include link :stupid:

(link removed as it no longer exists)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if that link is entirely up to date, the skills we have at our club for vault are:
SILVER
1.Straddle vault over long box or horse
2. Squat or straddle off long box or horse
3. From standing on a box or horse handspring off
4. From low box, handspring to flat back landing on safety module
5. From short run along bench, rebound and stretch jump to land softly
6. From a short run along bench, rebound from trampette or springboard and tuck jump to land softly
7. From a box top or bench jump down and rebound off a trampette to land softly
8. From a run and using a trampette, handspring vault over a long horse to land softly
9. From a run jump onto trampette rebound to handstand and fall onto back on soft platform
10. From a run, jump onto a trampette 3/4 front salto to land on back on a soft platform
GOLD
1. Handspring over long box or horse
2. Squat or through vault over long box or horse
3. Yama****a, cross or long box or horse
4. Handspring 1/2 turn to face cross or long box or horse
5. Run and jump onto inclined trampette and tuck or straight to land
6. Run and jump onto iclined trampette and straddle to land
7. From a run, jump onto trampette and rebound onto a lower platform to land softly
8. From a run, jump onto springboard rebound to 3/4 front salto to land on back on soft platform
9. From a run, jump onto springboard rebound to handstand to fall on back on soft platform
10. From a run, jump onto an inclined trampette and front salto with support

Also, all 10 have to be passed but whether that's just at our club I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back