Vault Shoes? Dance Paws?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
My daughter injured the ball of her foot. it bothers her only on vault. I thought maybe a little extra padding would help? Having a hard time finding anything . . any suggestions?

THANKS

Last edited:
Instant Arch Supports - Dr. Roth's Footcare Products

I've never used them, but have heard the arch support version (more aimed at heel pain) works well. Ten-O has at least the "FAB" arch support. However, if possible, I'd just try to take some time off the vaulting. I know it's hard in season, but in the end she's young and can afford the time off now before this problem snowballs. I know you are going to get it checked out. It could be an arch-related problem. I have high arches, and I get pain in the ball of my foot (I also sometimes get heel pain, but from standing and not running...my foot doesn't really completely pronate during gymnastics activities.) Look at the shoes she is wearing during the day. You may want to ask about inserts for them. I have heard that in some stores (not sure which ones?) they now have a kind of computer sensor program you can step on and it basically provides feedback about how the feet are supporting the load and what kind of support could help. Maybe someone knows where you can do this. I was at a session about foot and ankle pain and the presenter (with medical background) said really probably everyone can benefit from kind of insert/arch support and not to wear sandals/flip flops during the day because it is overstressing the foot for an athlete continually, rather than giving it a rest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back