Vault - Where am I losing deductions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Height. You need to block and push off more from the vault. Also you are landing with your chest low instead of upright but this is a result of low height.

Thank you so much! I will try to work on that. Also, Do you get deducted if you take off on the back of the springboard? My coach says we do but I am not sure.

My judging is weak so i don't know for sure. It could be a deduction, but regardless hitting the back of the board will limit the height of your vault and potentially lead to deductions. You should treat it like a deduction which is probably what your coach is doing.

Thank you so much! I will try to work on that. Also, Do you get deducted if you take off on the back of the springboard? My coach says we do but I am not sure.

no. your coach is telling you that so that you hit the top of the board where all the springs work in your favor so that you get great energy from the board which will launch you at a better angle to the table which will create better block which will send you vertically more efficiently and you won't have to pre-tuck on the table. whew...

other than that, it was a pretty darn good vault. i don't think it's possible to score in the 13's unless you pike it.:)

I can tell you are not blocking well at all. For your height, you need to come much higher off the vault a come further away from the vault. So it looks like you are losing a lot because of that. Also, you don't show your run in the video and that may be getting you some deductions as well.

i have grown several more gray hairs since the original post....:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back