WAG veganism and very picky eaters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

HannahD

Coach
Gymnast
I have a question about Veganism. Just to explain, it is where you basically eat nothing coming from animals means no milk, cheese, yoghurt etc.

My younger sister is 16 and has been a vegetarian and VERY picky eater since I can remember. All she would get for her breakfast and lunch in kindergarden was one milk bar, that's it. Mom would pack us those lovely packages with fruit sticks, veggie animals and she tried so many different sandwiches: sweet, savoury, with bread crum and without, she tried giving her warm meals in thermo.. nothing worked. Later in that day she would eat some banana and then a bowl of plain rice or noodles. My whole family is skinny and very sporty, we eat healthily but occasionally eat junk food. I think my parents did very well in teaching us the right way!

So when we both started gymnastics (my sister did acro), it was actually the first time she felt "hungry". But would you guess her eating pattern changed? NO WAY!

She would eat the same everyday for years, just a little more. The funny thing is, I am not really bigger than her, although I eat loads!
She weighs 108lbs and is almost 64,2''. I know this is skinny for a 17 year old, but I am pretty much the same.

So my sis is still doing acro. She is doing regular high school until about 3 or 4pm, then she goes to the gym and trains there for about 2-3 hours. She then comes home and we both hang out together and stretch :)

I watched closely the last days and will tell you how her day is.

7:30 am get up
8:00 she has a big cup of hot chocolate with almond milk
11:00 at school she eats a big bowl of oats from our cafeteria (it is 100gr of plain oats with just a small spoon of honey and hot water)
15:00 she eats a banana and a handful of mixed nuts
16:00-19:00 Acro Training (they do all the normal stuff like handstands, basic conditioning like hollow rockers, a little tumbling and then partner work)
20:30 comes home and eats a big bowl of rice with frozen veggies, ketchup and a few tomatoes on the side
21:00-22:00 "Sister Time", we hang out together and stretch, because in our gym there is usually no time to do so
Then before bed she will have another cup of hot chocolate with almond milk

We tried to offer her variety, she will try a few days but then get back to her "normal" eating habits.

So, that is basically her day! I am pretty sure she doesn't do it because she has an eating disorder. She just doesn't value food at all, she doesn't mind!

She never stated herself as a vegan, she would also drink milk occasionally, but actually she is vegan considering her eating habits.

Do you think this can be dangerous? My parents used to worry but doctors told them her blood levels are fine, so they should not worry, although a little more weights would definitely not harm.

PS: We both take a multivit pill everyday.

Any help appreciated

Again, drive by HannahD

Let's see you are 14 yr old gymnast coach, whom in a post in Sept then claimed to be a former L9 gymnast who quit 2 yrs ago when you were (16-19), making you 18-21 now, wanting to know why your friend still had her stuff and you didn't.

Then in October you drive by again and ask if you should learn how to do a front aerial. Which I think is rather odd as you claim be be a former L9 almost L10 gymnast.

Really you can not even keep your stories straight. Now food.

Really you should find somewhere else to play.

To answer your question assuming you are not a troll ( and it sounds like you are). This diet is a disaster nutritionally. It has almost no protein and no fat. It is not enough for a sedentary teenager, much less an athlete. Your parents are completely out in left field if they think either she or this diet are okay.

She also uses terms/spellings and measurements not commonly used in the US (and she has USA as her country) such as "100gr of plain oats", yoghurt, savoury.....and what is a milk bar??

I noticed that as well...yet wrote "mom" vs. "mum" so I was a bit confused!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back