Velvet leotards too hot?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okay, so my gym has a terrible selection of leos (I'm talking pink and brown leopard print) but there was this one purple velvet one that I really liked.

I've never had a velvet leo before and since it's moving towards warm weather I don't want to spend $29 on a leotard that I'll die of heat in. Are velvet leos hotter then regular ones? Sorry for the slightly stupid post!

My girls never wear their velvet leos they say they are way too hot, even in our freezing winters. We had velvet loing sleeved leos for the first team leo, the girls hated them, but they were sooo cute. I really wouldn't buy velvet for summer, could you borrow one from a friend and see how it feels?

I never wear long-sleeve leos, but i don't think velvet leos are all that hot, and it gets pretty hot where i live. My old gym didn't have air conditioning but a lot of us still wore velvet leos.

I actually don't mind them. The thinner ones are nice in the hot summer, but then again they are almost too thin, if that makes sense haha. Especially if I'm already really sweaty from working out, and I'm only wearing a thin leo, doesn't hide much haha. The velvet ones don't make you especially hot, I actually like them.

I LOVE velvet leos! I have always like them and have never found them too hot. I love them because they aren't ever itchy and then are way more comfortable. I wouldn't not buy a cute leo just because its velvet. I don't find them to be too hot, but every person is different.
:)

I used to wear my velvet leos year-round, but that was when I worked out in gyms that were air conditioned. Now I work out in a gym that isn't air conditioned and in the summers it get HOT and HUMID. It can get up into the 80s or 90s in the gym. I do everything I can to help cool myself off, and not wearing velvet helps a bit.

eh...29 bucks is pretty good for a leo. i think..

Anyway i definatley wore velvet leos all year round, and our gym did have AC but it never seemed to be working, i didn't find the velvet makes a huge difference.

I really LOVE velvet leos they are so comfy and dont itch. They tend to be thicker fabric but I personally love them.:)

I love how velvet looks (on practice leos, not competition ones), but I would definitely go short-sleeved with velvet, if that's an option. In fact, I would go short for all practice leos. Just to keep you a little cooler in the summer.

Ugh, my gym has air-conditioning, but it doesn't work very well...so in the summer (actually even right now) I'm literally dripping sweat. I sweat a lot - it's genetic, and my face gets bright red, so coaches think I'm a lot more worn out (or upset) than I actually am.
"Do you need a drink? You should sit down."
"Huh?"

I LOVE velvet leo's!! i won't wear a leotard unless it is either black or it is velvet, becasue i tend to sweat a lot, and you can see it on my leo under my arm-pits unless it is velvet, or black. (i know, gross)
and non-velvet leotards itch me sometimes...yet as i am writing this i am wearing i non-velvet leo...haha.
but this one doesn't seem to bother me.
Well, i hope this helps a little. All i wear is almost only velvet and it doesn't seem to hot to me...exept velvet long sleeved ones...ugh i hate those!!! haha

I think that velvet leos are a tad bit hotter than other materials, but not by much. So if you really like the leo, I would go ahead and get it. Worst case scenario, you wait until fall to start wearing it.

i never ever wear completely velvet leos in the summer... but i live in alabama. it gets really hot and humid, so... yeah. sounds cute though! :)

i think velvet leos r comfortable but they can get hot in the summer time unless u dnt hav air conditoning(my old gym didnt). :)

my competition leo from last year was velvet it feels like u r wearing a stretchy leo there is no difference just the texture of it :)

our old comp leos were black velvet, but we would just roll up our sleeves because since we are black diamond gymnastics, we always have black leos, but velvet leos also ventilate so you dont get hot, also, if you sweat, or you are on ur period or something then it doesnt show through if you have a black velvet leo

My dd loves the velvet and she wears long sleeves in the winter too.

she says the velvet absorbs the sweat better then the other types. And she loves that brown and pink lepord print leo anything animal print is right up her alley

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back